Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

AxelG's Content

There have been 52 items by AxelG (Search limited from 06-June 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#33883 Netduino Firmware v4.2.0 RC5 (Netduino + Netduino Plus)

Posted by AxelG on 18 August 2012 - 11:24 PM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

Chris: I just confirmed that the same serial port issue exists in the latest 4.2 build (posted three days ago) If I use any flow control, I lose data. If I don't use flow control, I have to make sure to read data fast enough.... This happens with one ND, COM1 to COM2 or two netduinos connected with null-modem cable.

#33370 Netduino Firmware v4.2.0 RC5 (Netduino + Netduino Plus)

Posted by AxelG on 10 August 2012 - 01:02 PM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

Hi AxelG,

From the logic analyzer...can you tell where the data is being lost? Is it being lost on the Netduino (i.e. buffer overflow)?

Chris

If you look at the data in Data.jpg, that is the data coming from the XBee into the ND, and all of the bytes are in that stream. I can only assume the data is getting lost after it enters the Netduino. I am working on a Netduino to Netduino set of applications to reproduce. So far I am able to force the same exception I was seeing in the 4.1 release:

"A first chance exception of type 'System.ArgumentException' occurred in Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.SerialPort.dll
Exception: Exception was thrown: System.ArgumentException param name stack System.IO.Ports.SerialPort::Read
NDPlusSerialReader.Program+DoReader::Serial_DataReceived
System.IO.Ports.SerialPort::DataEventHandler"

I will post more later today.

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.