Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

carb's Content

There have been 185 items by carb (Search limited from 24-May 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#37302 LCD for beginners

Posted by carb on 17 October 2012 - 02:16 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

PShchegolevatykh,

I have used the LCD shield made by Adafruit LCD Shield, the one in the link is a white on blue with 2 lines of 16 character. They also have positive and negative RGB LCDs displays. Both are reasonably priced.

In using the shield I used Stefan's .Net Micro Framework Toolbox Toolbox it has a sample to use the Adafruit shield written in both Visual Basic & C#.

The other reason that I would reccommend this shield is that it only uses 2 IO pins (I2C communiction). This leaves most of the other pins for relays, sensors and switch inputs.

Happy shopping,
Chuck

#36311 Toolbox.NETMF question

Posted by carb on 30 September 2012 - 07:22 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

HI
I have been testing some Socket in NETMF and found Toolbox.NETMF.NET and i have tried the
SimpleSocket, but when i add References to Toolbox.NETMF.Integrated, i cant deploy the project, i got the error please check hardware.

I have comment out all code to se what causing the error and it is when I add reference to the Toolbox.NETMF.NET.Integrated.DLL
it wouldn't deploy any more, if i remove the reference to the Integrated dll it commuincate to the board again.

I have upgraded the Netduino Plus to the latest 4.2 and i use the Toolbox for 4.2

ClrInfo.targetFrameworkVersion: 4.2.0.0
SolutionReleaseInfo.solutionVersion: 4.2.0.0
SolutionReleaseInfo.solutionVendorInfo: Netduino Plus (v4.2.0.1) by Secret Labs LLC

Any one who have a clue or have seen this problem before ?

//

MicroEmb,

The first thing I would try if you haven't yet is to power cycle the board (unplug, wait a couple of seconds and plug it back in).

When you plug it in did the computer recognize the USB connection?

In Visual Studio, select Project, select your program, select .Net Micro Framework. Does it show your board? Change deployment to serial then back to USB, it should show the board.

Try a differrent Micro USB cable.

Have you used the board successfully since the upgrade?

Hope this helps, if not more should be on tonight or tommorrow (Makers Faire in progress in New York today),

Chuck

#37998 What drives your passion?

Posted by carb on 27 October 2012 - 11:03 AM in General Discussion

Steve, Great story, you ever consider writting a book? I voted. :) Chuck

#37743 Serial question

Posted by carb on 22 October 2012 - 01:22 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Perkunas, Its not to soon, I would reccommend just doing a search for "serial" on the forum, you should find some code. In the code look for something like switch or select that changes an integer based variable (I mostly work with visual basic so I may be off for C#). The 5000 & 1000 are just duration of sleep in milliseconds with the 5000 = 5 seconds of delay. If I get time tommorrow and you can't find anything that helps I will look or put something together for you to get you on track. Chuck

#45698 LED dim

Posted by carb on 18 February 2013 - 03:28 AM in General Discussion

Toon,

I don't have time to look at the moment, but have you tried searching the forum?

The easiest way is to search from google (the forum doesn't find capitalized letters very well ie. LED, PWM)

use:

site:forums.netduino.com led

There should be something there.

Chuck

#42100 How to do simple SD write-read in VB

Posted by carb on 24 December 2012 - 08:56 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi

I was found some examples in C but I'm not shure how to translate it to VB code, can you show me how to do it with a simple example?

Thanks

JManual,

I assumed that you are wanting to convert C# (C Sharp) to Visual Basic. There are a couple of converts that normally work for me. The one that I use the most is Telerik Converter it converts both directions.

Chuck

#37140 Newbie External Device Power Question

Posted by carb on 14 October 2012 - 12:39 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Alright I will preface this with stating that I am completely new at this. It has been 10 years since my last Circuit Design and Digital Hardware class and most of that information has left my brain. So if the answer to my question is a recommendation to read a specific book that will work as well :)

My goal is to hook an electromagnet to a netduino. I'm looking at this one http://www.amazon.co...=A1THAZDOWP300U

and I'm not really sure how to tell if the netduino can power this.

I'm guessing from these specs the answer is no:
Rated Voltage : DC 24V;Current : 0.48A
Power : 1.2W;Attraction : 9000gf

but I'm just not 100% sure what to be looking for, I know basic electronics fail :)

Thank you for any help you can provide!

Ryan,

The Netduino can not power the coil, but you can control a relay or transistor with the Netduino and thereby control the coil.

Just out of curiosity are you going to be using the coil on a valve or to pick stuff up? The reason I ask is the coil appears to be made to work with a valve. It does not appear to have a pole piece that will direct the magnetic flux to the end of the coil for lifting objects. The magnetic field will be strongest inside the coil.

By the way welcome to the forum. Search for relays in the forum and you should find some information and code that will help you get started.

If you need additional help, please ask and provide as much information as you can about what you are trying to do. Often you will get a reply fairly quick, but please remember that most on the forum are not payed (may take some time to put an answer together for you) and a fair number live in Europe so your answers may appear in the early morning here in the North America.

Hope this helps,
Chuck

#40873 Quick question about LCD display on NP1

Posted by carb on 03 December 2012 - 08:41 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Im using the Adafruit LCD shield kit on my NP1(I2C). I ran the sample code (the one that displays up, down, left, right, and toggles 0 to 1) and it works well as expected. however if i leave it running for approx. 10 hours or more i get random characters on my LCD display scrolling across. Is there a way to lock down my registers to prevent this error, or any other method that will prevent this? Thanks!

I have seen the same problem, Tried to load the program but need to update mscorlib I could not get the sample to deploy under Netduino SDK 4.2.1 with the Netduino Classic. Will try to get it running again when I get a chance.
Chuck

#38590 ADC reads show unexpected values

Posted by carb on 06 November 2012 - 02:06 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Dim senstemp As New AnalogInput(Cpu.AnalogChannel.ANALOG_1)
Dim Temp As Double = 0

JManual,

Try something like the following:
Imports SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware

Dim TempSensor As New SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.AnalogInput(Pins.GPIO_PIN_A0)

Also I have some code listed in Visual Basic for the Netduino Go and shieldbase.

Just search for TMP36, should help with averaging the temperatures and conversion to different scales.

Just remember that the shieldbase has a 12 bit ADC (3.3vdc / 4096) while the other Netduinos use 10 bit ADCs (3.3vdc / 1024).

Hope this helps,
Chuck

#45050 how to communicate with usb?the code for netduino doesnt work or plus 2

Posted by carb on 07 February 2013 - 02:32 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Weixiongmei,

You can not use the installed micro USB, it is for power, deployment and debug only.

If you want to talk to the Netduino over a serial port you will need something like http://www.adafruit.com/products/284 or http://www.adafruit.com/products/70.

If you use the cable approach get one that outputs 3.3vdc not the 5vdc.

Read the series from CodeBlack, he has a lot of good information. http://blog.codeblac...ng-Started.aspx

By the way welcome to the forum.

Chuck

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.