Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

nakchak's Content

There have been 164 items by nakchak (Search limited from 07-June 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#51971 'Ping' to google.com

Posted by nakchak on 06 August 2013 - 08:39 AM in Visual Basic Support

Try searching the forums

http://forums.netdui...ping#entry47297

#34433 .NETMF V4.2 OneWire Class fails to work

Posted by nakchak on 30 August 2012 - 01:31 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi AlfaRomeo

Unfortunately there is not currently OneWire support for the 4.2 netduino firmware.
For the time being if you need one wire you have to use the 4.1 firmware with one wire support

Nak.

#49560 .NETMF vs C

Posted by nakchak on 19 May 2013 - 12:16 PM in General Discussion

Personally I have always treated the netmf source as the documentation, but I fully agree more documentation would be a boon. I personally feel documentation is an issue across the whole netmf community not just netduino. That said there is a lot of info in the porting kits chm files. I often look to netmf for delivering applications and using as a controller, then implement in c or asm bespoke functionality as a separate (hardware) module, also makes ut easy to reuse the functionality with other platforms and also for evaluating new platforms... Nak.

#50115 12V Wall Adapter with exposed pins

Posted by nakchak on 30 May 2013 - 06:54 PM in General Discussion

Cut leads, or if you are planning to mount in an enclosure get a panel mount barrel connector, you could also get an inline barrel socket if you don't want to cut the adaptors lead. Nak.

#34362 4.2 MF Deploy Erasing Firmware

Posted by nakchak on 29 August 2012 - 08:58 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I'm wondering how hard it would be to modify MFdeploy to only allow the setting of network settings if you are in tinybooter mode as through force of habit i have had to reflash 4.2 several times now... Nak.

#34103 4.2 MF Deploy Erasing Firmware

Posted by nakchak on 23 August 2012 - 01:44 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi KevinR

Did you remember to put the board into boot loader mode (by holding down the button and power cycling the ND?) before you tried to set the network details?

In order for the change to winusb drivers to work with 4.2, the process of changing network settings has had to change, so the old 4.1 way where it didn't matter if you were in tinyclr or the boot loader to set the network up no longer works.

I also had fun and games getting network settings to stick and similar symptoms to the ones you described above until ire-read the flashing instructions.

After flashing, to set your network settings using MFDeploy.
a. Start your Netduino Plus in TinyBooter mode by holding the pushbutton while plugging it into your PC using a MicroUSB cable.
b. Select the Target > Configuration > Networking menu. Re-enter your IP address settings and MAC address.
c. Detach and reattach your Netduino Plus (power cycle)

Nak.

#51585 5v Power Supply?

Posted by nakchak on 19 July 2013 - 08:24 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Depends on how you want to use the device:

if you want the PSU integrated then you cant really go wrong with a LM7805 based circuit (as long as your current requirements are < 1.5 amps), you could also look at some of the simpler switchmode designs.

If the PSU is for bench use, then you cant really go wrong with an old PC power supply. there are loads of tutorials on the net about turning them into a bench PSU, then real advantage is that the current availible in even the cheapest of ATX PSU's is far in excess of most hobbyest needs and you have at least 3 very well regulated voltage sources (3.3, 5 and 12v)

Finally as the Dr. suggested a plugin "wall wart" style power supply can also be used.

Nak.

#51994 A library for Windows Azure Mobile Services

Posted by nakchak on 06 August 2013 - 07:37 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Nice work :)

May well have a use for this very soon as the day job has a very big investment in azure... :)

Nak.

#34321 Access WCF REST service through Netduino plus

Posted by nakchak on 28 August 2012 - 11:23 AM in Visual Studio

Have you tried using the HTTP client in the Netmf Toolbox?

I have used that with great success to communicate with WCF, and other rest based web services (Created a big red button which when pressed created a DNS entry using the Rackspace Cloud DNS API, so the boss could feel important on go live day ;))

Nak.

#34323 Adafruit NFC shield

Posted by nakchak on 28 August 2012 - 01:09 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hi Gomore These are really good and under $200 http://www.saleae.com/logic/ I have one of these http://www.ikalogic....s/scanalogic-2/ and find it to be invaluable and it was pretty cheap as well < $60 As for the CS line are you using the SPI object or still trying to bit bang the interface? Bitbanging will probably be to slow but if you take the command and control logic out of the arduino code and use it in C# with the spi objects it "should" just work... Nak.

#52162 Addressing Netduino Flash memory

Posted by nakchak on 14 August 2013 - 06:09 PM in General Discussion

True most of the storage would goto waste, but it would cost more than an sd card to implement an eeprom or similar device as a shield...

Nak.

#52156 Addressing Netduino Flash memory

Posted by nakchak on 14 August 2013 - 04:19 PM in General Discussion

AFAIK you cant from managed code, you would be best off writing to a SD card any data you want persisted between power cycles.

Also see: http://forums.netdui...write/?hl=flash

Nak.

#35000 An early look at the RS-232 GoModule specs...

Posted by nakchak on 11 September 2012 - 08:40 AM in Netduino Go

Honestly, I'm really happy about this. One of the industries I work in uses serial ports extensively to communicate between equipment. I've always just considered fuller-fledged computers for any of these applications but could now see doing some of the more basic work with Netduino. Now if there was just a USB port with HID drivers for USB barcode scanners(USB scanners go for under $40, serial over $80) I'd be even more set.

Agreed you be great if i could use usb barcode scanners and rfid modules (my main focus at work is cashless payment systems for vending and restaurants) without having to use the serial versions...

Also a bit mask setting would be great so i could strip out unneeded bytes from RFID readers, i.e. strip a sitecode from a mifare classic and just return the serial number by ignoring the first n bytes or similar...

Nak.

#34489 Application Development on the STM8S

Posted by nakchak on 31 August 2012 - 12:10 PM in Netduino Go

Nice work, i have been following the posts as they come online with interest, keep up the good work :) Dunno if it would be worth while linking to each article as well as the index page on your post above, despite knowing the titles weren't links i wanted to click them anyway ;) Nak.

#38012 ASP MVC4 and IIS Express Server

Posted by nakchak on 27 October 2012 - 04:16 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

http://www.hanselman...IISExpress.aspx You have to jump through some hoops to get iis express to serve on port 80, (and 443) but its quite easy once done, also look out for things like skype or WebDeployment service locking port 80 and preventing other services from registering against it. As for MVC4 based REST web services have made a few for commercial projects. just keep the responses as terse as possible to conserve resources on the ND.

#34899 Bit shifting

Posted by nakchak on 09 September 2012 - 10:31 AM in Visual Basic Support

hi ellen

The bb bitwise operators are listed here http://msdn.microsof...a(v=vs.80).aspx
that should help in translating the arduino c to vb

Nak.

#51570 bool status after going true then false

Posted by nakchak on 19 July 2013 - 08:46 AM in Visual Studio

Hi Brad

Could you post you code using the code insert tool (<> in the toolbar in the message editor), much easier to read then :), also looks like the code you posted has been truncated as i cant see anything which relates to led's or data received...

Nak.

#51540 bool status after going true then false

Posted by nakchak on 18 July 2013 - 10:21 AM in Visual Studio

Ok, so am i right in saying that you want the led to illuminate if you receive a 1 and to be extinguished if you receive any other number?

If you dont impose some sort of delay between the turning the led on and off it will look like its either never on or never off as its flashing to fast for you to see.  What is stopping you from controlling the led from annother thread if you dont want to use thread.sleep in your main code?

Nak.

#51500 bool status after going true then false

Posted by nakchak on 17 July 2013 - 09:01 AM in Visual Studio

Not to sure what you mean to be honest.

Do you mean a toggle function i.e. if true then set false, if false then set true?

//Very simple togglevar toggleBool = false; //Define boolwhile(true){  toggleBool = !toggleBool;  lights.Write(toggleBool);  Thread.Sleep(1000);}

or as your comment alludes to do you want to toggle the bool if you receive a number that isnt "1"?

//Toggle on condition//Very simple togglevar toggleBool = false; //Define boolvar counter = 0;while(true){  if(counter%3==0){//If the counter is a factorial of 3 toggle the bool    toggleBool = !toggleBool;  }  lights.Write(toggleBool);  Thread.Sleep(1000);  counter++;}

The example above will toggle the bool when the counter contains a number divisible by 3, i.e. 0,3,6,9,12...

Hope that helps

Nak.

#51361 Bug: Netduino DHCP requests not asking for DNS

Posted by nakchak on 11 July 2013 - 06:16 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Depends on your works network setup, if its a relatively secure setup it may well be blackholing unknown mac addresses... If that's the case denying dns info as its a good way to mitigate against unknown devices, you probably find the firewall blackholes it as well. You could always use googles public dns servers and hard code the ip's 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4 Nak.

#34099 Building custom go!bus modules for Netduino Go

Posted by nakchak on 23 August 2012 - 01:03 PM in Netduino Go

Hi Supra

TX from the GO goes to RX on the on the module and vice versa, admittedly its confusing but if you look at the go schematic you will see pin 4 is TX on the go, so pin 4 on the module would be RX.

i.e. the transmission (tx) from the go on pin 4 is received (rx) on pin 4 of the module, whilst the module transmits on pin 5 and is received by the go on pin 5.

You find the TX to RX naming/wiring convention being used in lots of 2 wire/channel transmission protocols, such as RS232, MIDI, DMX (i think) etc. etc.

It can also help to think of TX = out and RX = in, and that you need to go out to come in

Hope that helps

Nak.

#49559 Building the firmware

Posted by nakchak on 19 May 2013 - 12:04 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Yes it will but you need to update the mdk scatter file, I found the rvds settings to be a good starting point, you may need to tweak the memory offsets though. Nak.

#52041 Built-in usb serial communication

Posted by nakchak on 08 August 2013 - 07:16 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi Gehrman

This thread may be of interest to you http://forums.netdui...tion-using-usb/ i am unsure of its status in 4.2 though...

Alternativly as you are planning to use the plus, could you not make use of the telnet server classes in the netmftoolbox? that way you could just telnet to the device for configuration instead of direct serial connection.  The only downside would be having to probably use a a hard coded password for auth, (unless you were to have a webservice for auth)...

Annother option would be to add a additional UART to your project something like the MAX3100 from maxim would do the trick, assuming you are already using SPI for your project then it would just be the cost of additional CS pin added to your project.

Nak.

#51297 Can you buy ND+2 without the female headers soldered on?

Posted by nakchak on 10 July 2013 - 09:51 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I would guess not, and if you could would probably be a custom run for headerless boards.

Why cant you just mount your existing board as a shield?

Other than that the CAD files for the boards are on the downloads page, so there is nothing stopping you reworking the boards for your own needs.

Nak.

#51362 Can you buy ND+2 without the female headers soldered on?

Posted by nakchak on 11 July 2013 - 07:38 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I was in a similar situation ended up moving the headers until the nd's jacks lined up on the edge of my board.

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.