Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

BruceN's Content

There have been 3 items by BruceN (Search limited from 16-June 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#61288 Where are we supposed to buy obsolete 2Gb SD cards?

Posted by BruceN on 15 January 2015 - 11:09 PM in General Discussion

Can't find 'em in NZ. Don't want to buy from overseas. My phone uses 32Gb. Why does this thing want to be in the stone age?

Throwing the piece of shit in the bin and going back to Arduino, where everything works and there's no 3.3v/5v bullshit.

What a waste of time and money.

#59138 Can anyone recommend a rock-solid LCD display?

Posted by BruceN on 10 July 2014 - 08:18 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Thank you gentlemen for your input, and sorry for the delay in replying. Life, etc. I will investigate accordingly and report any results. Thanks, again guys :-)

#59018 Can anyone recommend a rock-solid LCD display?

Posted by BruceN on 05 July 2014 - 07:15 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

-Hi all, first post and new to the Netduino world. Background about me: about 5-7 years .net c# experience, on and off, some commercial, some not.

I've been having about a 20% success rate with the Freetronics LCD shield, and this is really hampering my real work with industrial serial I/O. The dratted thing more often than not ignores what I send to it, and usually just spits out garbage. Except once in a while it plays ball, showing the correct data and I've not yet been able to figure out a pattern to its madness.

Now, I'm not a 'tard, I do understand serial protocol handshaking, and even think I understand how magnets work, but this has me beat.

Could any enlightened soul either:

Help me to get the damn thing to work,

OR

Point me at a better (working) product.

Thanks, Bruce.

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.