gvecino's Content - Netduino Forums

Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

gvecino's Content

There have been 7 items by gvecino (Search limited from 24-September 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#62901 Adafruit Ultimate GPS shield

Posted by gvecino on 26 May 2015 - 06:08 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hi Netduino Community,

I got to assemble the Adafruit GPS shield to my Netduino Plus 2, and got to print the gps output to the debugger. I am using serial port (COM1) to capture NMEA sentence that VS 2013 prints out on its debugger interface.

How I did it? I assembled the GPS shield on top of the Netduino with all the pins. I solder a pin to Pin 0 and TX on top of the GPS shield and connected these two pins. I ran the code suggested by Bob Cravens Tutorial and was able to print the GPS sentence to the Debugger.

My idea is to be able to capture the NMEA sentence on my computer so I can use the information to code other functionalities. Though, I am having difficulties getting Netduino to send the NMEA sentence to my computer using a COM port, so I can capture it using desktop code or a hyperterminal interface.In my computer Device Manager Netduino appears as using an USB port but not as a COM port. Is this the reason way the hyperterminal dose not capture the NMEA sentence?

Dose anyone know how to solve this issue?

Thanks Gustavo

#62364 Adafruit Ultimate GPS shield

Posted by gvecino on 01 May 2015 - 08:05 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Chris,
Thanks for your responses and help.
Sorry, my mistake is not O2 I meant D2 or Pin 2
I am using Bob Cravens Tutorial and following the bellow instructions:

• TX (Digital I/O Pin 0) – This is the transmit pin, data that comes from the GPS module with location data.
• RX (Digital I/O Pin 1) – This is the receive pin, data that goes to the GPS module to configure it.
• PWR (Digital I/O Pin 2) – This pin is connected to a transistor that controls power to the GPS. When this pin is set to LOW the GPS module turns on and when the pin is set to HIGH the GPS turns off.

Should I assemble the Shield over the Netduino and make all the existing pin connections between the Shield and Netduino, or have them side-by-side and only make these three connections.

#62363 Adafruit Ultimate GPS shield

Posted by gvecino on 01 May 2015 - 07:36 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Chris,

Attached is the GPS Shield Pic

x1272-00_jpg_pagespeed_ic_4G3Xc51V4v.jpg

#62362 Adafruit Ultimate GPS shield

Posted by gvecino on 01 May 2015 - 07:30 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hi Chris,
I just bought it two days ago.
Adafruit Ultimate GPS Logger Shield - Includes GPS Module[ID:1272]
thank you,

Gustavo

#62360 Adafruit Ultimate GPS shield

Posted by gvecino on 01 May 2015 - 07:25 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Chris,

This is my understanding of the connection:

Netduino         Connect to       GPS Shield

Digital I/O                                   Shield Breakout

Pin DO ---------------------------   TX

Pin D1  ---------------------------   RX

Pin O2  ---------------------------  Power (what pin on the shield will this be?)

The code show supplying power to the GPS through Pin O2. Does this mean that Netduino will supply power through a Digital I/o pin? Also, if this is correct, what will be the pin in the shield to connect to?

Thank you,

#62357 Adafruit Ultimate GPS shield

Posted by gvecino on 01 May 2015 - 07:06 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hi Chris,
Thanks for your prompt response. I bought an Adafruit Ultimate GPS Logger Shield and a Netduino. I am looking for a diagram of how to plug/connect the shield to the Netduino.
Thank you,

Gustavo

#62347 Adafruit Ultimate GPS shield

Posted by gvecino on 01 May 2015 - 03:21 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

I am trying to assemble a Adafruit Ultimate GPS Shield and a Netduino. Dose any one have a connection diagram for this setup. I will appreciate your input.

Thank you,

Gustavo 

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.