Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

Jump to content

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.


Member Since 21 Jul 2014
Offline Last Active Aug 04 2014 01:34 PM

Posts I've Made

In Topic: Serial Issues

01 August 2014 - 09:14 PM

Boy do I feel stupid.  It was a line level issue.  Thanks for the second set of eyes on something I should have known to look at more closely.

In Topic: Serial Issues

23 July 2014 - 01:38 PM

I am connecting the RS232 port (5V) from my PC using pins 2,3 and 5 to the appropriate pins of the UART on the netduino.  There is no converter cable being used.  Regarding the table, the first column represents the character I sent to the netduino, the second column represent the char code (ASCII) the netduino "sees" or spits back.  I have since modified the code to echo back the character it receives and I get improperly translated characters as I would expect based on the table provided.

In Topic: Serial Issues

23 July 2014 - 01:12 PM

Baud rate or setting mismatch was my first thought.  I have verified 9600, 8, none, 1.  I was not aware of com1 issues while debugging so ran another test without the debugger attached.  I have even tried running on com2 without good results.  A colleague is also doing some dev and is seeing the same issue with his device.  These are new devices we just received within the last week.

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.