Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

LED light on the base is not turning on

Netduino Go

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 robiul

robiul

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:59 AM

Hi,

I have got the Netduino go this week and trying to play with it for the first time. I have managed to connect it with Visual Studio 2010 and run some demo  code with the RGB module. 

However, I have noticed that the LED light on the Netduino Go is not turning on when I connect any of the modules except the one for power. I have seen some demo  videos on you tube and was expecting the lights to turn on as soon I connect any module.

Also, I was expecting the code to auto detect the go modules but it is only working when I pass the go socket number

For example,

var led = new NetduinoGo.RgbLed(); /// Does not work.

var led = new NetduinoGo.RgbLed(GoSockets.Socket1); // Works

And the RgbLed class is throwing ArgumentException on the following code but it works if I comment it out.

private void Initialize(GoSocket socket)

{
            // now try to bind to the socket (and verify our module's uniqueId)
            if (!BindSocket(socket, _moduleGuid))
                throw new ArgumentException();

Any idea?

Many thanks.

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:52 PM

Hi robiul, Hmm, interesting. If you unplug all modules except for the RGB LED module, does it get auto-detected correctly? The LEDs turn on when your module is activated (which is when it's enumerated via your code). That's so you know which modules are live. Please try just plugging in the RGB LED for auto-detect; if that works go ahead and add other modules until something breaks. It may be that one of the modules got damaged in shipping, one of the cables is bad, etc. There are ways to diagnose that--and we can also look into providing better feedback via software. Your feedback is super-helpful for both, so thank you in advance. And welcome to the Netduino community! Chris

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Netduino Go

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.