Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Netduino Plus 2 LEDs on and Locked up

error problem

Best Answer Chris Walker, 26 October 2013 - 12:39 AM

Hi Sean, Sorry for the troubles. Please try the following... 1. Install ST's DFUSE tools (as per the firmware update instructions). 2. Unplug everything from your Netduino Plus 2. 3. Press and hold the pushbutton on your Netduino Plus 2. 4. Attach your Netduino Plus 2 via USB to your PC. 5. The device should now show up as an ST device in Device Manager. 6. Release the pushbutton on your Netduino Plus 2. If that works, please proceed to first erase your board (using STDFU Tester) and then reflash your board (using DFUSE Demonstrator). If that doesn't work, reboot your PC and try again. And if that still doesn't work, please PM me. Welcome to the Netduino community, Chris Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sjmill01

sjmill01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:09 PM

I received a new Netduino Plus 2 last Friday.  It worked great until I tried to load in a C# file that was attempting to write out digital pin 1 as a serial port. 

After that, it wouldn't be recognized as being hooked up.  When powered, both LEDs stay on and the PC does not seem to recognize that its connected.

• I tried to hook it up to another PC, and it wouldn't detect it as new hardware. 
  • I rebooted the PC.
  • I followed the pinned post on how to reset and update the firmware
  • I tried another USB cord.

With all that tried, the Device Manager still shows no sign of the Netduino being connected.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Sean

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 26 October 2013 - 12:39 AM   Best Answer

Hi Sean, Sorry for the troubles. Please try the following... 1. Install ST's DFUSE tools (as per the firmware update instructions). 2. Unplug everything from your Netduino Plus 2. 3. Press and hold the pushbutton on your Netduino Plus 2. 4. Attach your Netduino Plus 2 via USB to your PC. 5. The device should now show up as an ST device in Device Manager. 6. Release the pushbutton on your Netduino Plus 2. If that works, please proceed to first erase your board (using STDFU Tester) and then reflash your board (using DFUSE Demonstrator). If that doesn't work, reboot your PC and try again. And if that still doesn't work, please PM me. Welcome to the Netduino community, Chris

#3 sjmill01

sjmill01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:15 PM

That solved it.  I had ran through those steps last night to no avail.  I got up this morning and I knew things were better when my computer showed Netduino in the Device Manager after booting.  I think I may have needed to do another boot after installing the DFUSE tools.

I did the steps and all is well again. Sheww!

Thanks,

Sean

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: error, problem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.