Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Tinkerkit Port Over

C++ Tinkerkit arduino netduino C# code tinkerkit

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Regan222

Regan222

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:36 AM

I have searched the forum and I can't find anything  concerning this topic.  Is there any existing code for using a Tinkerkit shield with a netduino?  I have the library .h and .cpp files but I have no experience at all with C++ or arduino code.  Any suggestion would be appreciated.

#2 Regan222

Regan222

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:34 AM

If I am posting this in the wrong place please let me know.  I am using a Netduino Plus 2 so I thought it should go here.  I have currently discovered the following about the Tinkerkit board Basic Kit:

On the Output side:

Digital Pin 3 ties to Output pad 5 Digital Pin 5 ties to Output pad 4 Digital Pin 6 ties to Output pad 3 Digital Pin 9 ties to output pad 2 Digital pin 10 ties to Output pad 1 Digital pin 11 ties to Output pad 0

On the Input Side:

Analog pin 5 reads from Input pad 5 Analog pin 4 reads from Input pad 4 Analog pin 3 reads from Input pad 3 Analog pin 2 reads from Input pad 2 Analog pin 1 reads from Input pad 1 Analog pin 0 reads from Input pad 0

I can blink a Tinkerkit LED using any of the Output pads and PWM.  I can also read from a Tinkerkit knob from any of the analog Input pins and debug print the value between zero and one corresponding to the knob's position.  All this means I can use a Tinkerkit board and it's attaching components with a Netduino.  What I can't do is put that information into a class and package it so it is easy to use.  Does anyone have any suggestions or possibly a generic class written in VB so I can figure it out myself?  Thanks for any replies.

#3 Regan222

Regan222

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:26 AM

Jeez I feel like I did something wrong.  82 views and not even a "You silly newb..." response.  Well to simplify matters I purchased an Arduino Uno and decided to just surrender.  All the sensors and action components work fine.  I have the Ardiuno sketch library that makes everything easy.  I would have liked to complete this project with the Netduino but I need some way to package the information I discovered and just don't have the necessary programming skills to pull it off.  If anyone SHOULD happen to have a C# class skeleton that they would be willing to share I would be very grateful.  Meanwhile it is very quiet out here...Maybe too quite.  :unsure:

#4 Anthony Glenwright

Anthony Glenwright

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:24 AM

I suspect that it's just that no-one who read your post has worked with the Tinker kit.

#5 Spoon

Spoon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationFort Collins, CO

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:15 PM

Yeah...I haven't messed with any of the TinkerKits.  I did buy a DMX shield for $2.50 when Radio Shack had them on closeout but haven't had the time (or the project) to dig into it at all.  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: C++, Tinkerkit, arduino, netduino, C#, code, tinkerkit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.