Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Commercial use of Netduino

commercial

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ben Harel

Ben Harel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:54 PM

Hi!

I have a theoretical question. Is it legal for me to buy, let's say 100 Netduinos, use them all to build the same project and sell it in stores?

Again, very theoretical question :)

Thank you!

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:43 PM

Hi Ben, Many education and commercial customers purchase bulk quantities of Netduinos. As far as end-products are concerned, Netduino is one component inside your larger project. Legal questions are outside the scope of what we can advise on, but at minimum you'll want to look at certification requirements for "intentional radiators" if you add RF functionality to your design. Chris

#3 Jason.Net

Jason.Net

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:25 AM

If you are in Europe look at the low voltage directive and CE marking your product. If your question was about reusing the Netduino layout and the framework then my understanding is that they are all open source with details on the download page. Unless you have a good reason to repackage the Netduino then bang per buck it is great value.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: commercial

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.