Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Is this a limitation in search?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 segu

segu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationLima - Peru

Posted 15 August 2010 - 03:03 PM

Hi I am new in Netduino (but not uControllers). Trying to use the search in forums (or is it FORA) for 1 wire or one wire I get the next

One or all of your search keywords were below 4 characters or you searched for words which are not allowed, such as 'html', 'img', etc, please increase the length of these search keywords or choose different keywords.

:(
So, to me it is a limitation because for me it is imperative to learn how to use Netduino with DS1820-18B20-1822. I wish to "migrate" my temp sensor net from ATmega168 (4 years old) to Netduino:)

In any case it is just my opinion ;)

Regards

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 15 August 2010 - 04:23 PM

Hi segu, Yes, sorry that's a limitation of the forums software. We'll see if we can find a workaround in the future. Interestingly enough, searching for "one wire" confuses the search too :) Here's a thread on One Wire: http://forums.netdui...ic/41-one-wire/ One wire is a peripheral that isn't supported by the Netduino's AT91SAM7X MCU natively...but we're throwing around a few ideas on how to implement it using a UART or unmanaged code. For many peripherals, there are SPI or I2C converter chips available. [Does anyone here know of a good "SPI to One Wire" or "I2C to One Wire" chip?] Chris

#3 segu

segu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationLima - Peru

Posted 16 August 2010 - 02:30 AM

Hi Chris Thank you for the reply. Reading your question I remembered that prior to use directly, via ATmega168, my DS18xx net I tried the DS2480B. It is a 5V RS232 to 1 wire "translator". So to search and find that chip in my parts boxes and try with commands via TX/RX but in the Netduino world. Beginning an exciting new game ;) Regards

#4 hari

hari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 03:04 AM

I worked around this limitation by using google instead of forum search.
  • Open another browser
  • Go to google.com
  • Use google's "site:" feature to search within netduino.com domain.
Example: here's how I searched for an "illegal" three letter word: "usb"

site:netduino.com usb

#5 segu

segu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationLima - Peru

Posted 31 August 2010 - 05:37 AM

I worked around this limitation by using google instead of forum search.

• Open another browser
  • Go to google.com
  • Use google's "site:" feature to search within netduino.com domain.
Example: here's how I searched for an "illegal" three letter word: "usb"

site:netduino.com usb

So they have reason when they say "google is your friend" :huh:

Thank you :)

#6 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 31 August 2010 - 06:22 AM

The four letter minimum is kind of bizarre, apparently an artifact of MySql text search. We're looking for a way to reduce it to a three letter minimum instead :) Since there are all those highly-searched-for three letter words: LCD, LED, I2C, PWM, ADC, USB, etc. Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.