Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Converting Netduino projects to Netduino Mini projects

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 GDSever

GDSever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationNewark, DE

Posted 02 January 2011 - 09:04 PM

So I read on another forum thread that SecretLabs envisioned users prototyping things on the full Netduino using shields, etc. and at some point would convert those projects to an embedded project using a Netduino Mini. Since there are two distinct Visual Studio projects for a Netduino vs. a Netduino Mini, is there anything that we have to do as users to convert the code? Do we have to create a new project using the Netduino Mini project type and import all the modules? Will a Netduino project compile just fine down to a Netduino Mini without any changes? Maybe this guidance already exists in another thread and I missed it, but I thought it would be very helpful for at least an outline of how to convert Netduino -> Netduino Mini projects.

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 02 January 2011 - 09:28 PM

Hi GDSever, To convert a Netduino project into a Netduino Mini project: 1. Remove the SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.Netduino.dll assembly reference from your project. 2. Add the SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.NetduinoMini.dll assembly reference to your project. 3. Change "using SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.Netduino;" to "using SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.NetduinoMini" 4. Replace any Pins.### calls that reference Netduino pins to Pins.### calls that reference Netduino Mini pins. 5. Change your deployment transport (Project Properties > .NET Micro Framework) from USB to Serial. That's it. It's just a case of swapping in the correct pin header assignments...and you'll be off and running. Chris

#3 GDSever

GDSever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationNewark, DE

Posted 02 January 2011 - 11:07 PM

Excellent, Chris - Thanks for the outline. I got a Mini for christmas and just loaded my first test project - already I'm planning on porting my prototypes to an embedded Mini setup.

#4 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 02 January 2011 - 11:45 PM

Excellent, Chris - Thanks for the outline. I got a Mini for christmas and just loaded my first test project - already I'm planning on porting my prototypes to an embedded Mini setup.

Cool. Please feel free to share a writeup here as you progress and/or finish that process... We'd love to see it!

Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.