Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Manage energy input for Netduino Plus

netduino plus energy batery manager energy

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 IgorMenin

IgorMenin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:15 PM

Guys, I have the following questions, as I am newbie in this area, I was wondering if there is any component that manages the input utility power house and battery power when you are not on the network it feeds the Netduino plus with energy battery? I do not want to spend on buying a UPS.

#2 Paul Newton

Paul Newton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • LocationBerkshire, UK

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:03 PM

Hi Igor,

Welcome to the forums!

I think you are asking whether it is possible to switch to a backup power supply if the main power fails.

If your main power is fed into the Vin connector (7V to 12V), then you could attach a battery supply to the 5V USB connector. The Netduinos have a power switch over circuit that will use Vin if possible, but will use the USB 5V if thre is no Vin.

You might use a mobile phone emergency battery that can charge USB devices with 5V.

I use a mobile phone emergency charger to power the Netduino on my buggy.

I believe that my emergency charger can be left connected to the main supply all the time so that it takes charge if it needs it.

Hope this gives you some ideas - Paul

I have removed the link to the ebay seller for the emergency charger.

I recently bought my second one of these (from that seller) - it was not capable of charging my kindle, so I opened it up and found that it had two cells, but that only one of them was connected. This was not due to damage or poor assembly, I found that the terminals had been insulated to prevent any accidental connection during manufacture. I am unsure if the second one came from a different factory, or whether over time they have changed the design.

Edited by Paul Newton, 11 October 2013 - 06:11 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.