Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Reset pin

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 StefanUSMC

StefanUSMC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:53 PM

Hello,

How do I use the reset pin on ND Mini? I have tried pulling it low, and +5V with no results. Seems like this should be fairly straight forward, but success eludes me.

Thanks in advance,

Brandon

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:42 PM

Hi Brandon, If you pull the /RESET pin low, it will reset the Netduino Mini. Which pin are you pulling to ground? What version of firmware are you running? Chris

#3 StefanUSMC

StefanUSMC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:17 PM

Chris,

Thank you for your response. I am using 4.2.0.1. I have the traces on my PCB designed to pull pin 22 low using a tactile switch. I have also tried to pull low using a jumper from ground pin 23 directly to reset. After running into the issue with reset, I replaced my .net software with a program that flashes an LED once at boot just to monitor the reboot, with no success (it works on power cycle). My debug session on VS also does not break attachment, so I can only assume the unit is not rebooting.

Thanks,

Brandon

#4 albertosa91

albertosa91

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:35 AM

Hi,

I was also trying the reset pin with no success on a Netduino Mini. I have 4.2.0.1 firmware and I want to downgrade to 4.2.0.0 to see if I can get that to work, the problem is the link for 4.2.0.0 on the official wiki is dead and I can't find it anywhere else. Could you please repost a link for the 4.2.0.0 firmware for the Netduino Mini?

Thank you.

#5 Marc B

Marc B

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:37 AM

Hi Chris,

I've been using netduino mini for almost a year and a half. I started with 4.2.0.0 (RS232) but on March I updated to the 4.2.0.1 (RS232). Last week I was doing a demonstration and I realised that reset button was not working. I thought it was because of the board and I confirmed with the multimeter that the Reset pin was going to zero when I pressed the reset button. Thereafter I tried with another neteduino mini with firmware 4.2.0.0 and the reset worked fine. I've updated 4 netduino mini with the 4.2.0.1 and reset pin doesn't work for any of them but it does for my other 2 netduino mini with the 4.2.0.0 firmware.

Finally I've tried to download the 4.2.0.0 (RS232) firmware from the wiki in order to downgrade my 4 netduino mini but the link is broken

http://forums.netdui...&attach_id=2059

Could you please send me the 4.2.0.0 (RS232) firmware or tell me where can I find it?

Thank you,

Marc

#6 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:25 PM

HI StefanUSMC, albertosa91, Marc B -- If you're having troubles with resetting a Netduino Mini using the 4.2.0.1 firmware, I'd recommend sticking with the latest 4.1 firmware for the time being. If you e-mail me I can also get you a copy of the 4.2.0.0 firmware...but we can generally only offer support for the latest firmware releases. Chris

#7 RAG

RAG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:10 PM

Netdunio Mini page show version 4.1.0 http://www.netduino.... with the mini. (will need to convert my 4.2 netdino plus 2 projects) or is it 4.2.0.1 as stated here: http://forums.netdui...-v420-update-1/

If you load the mini with Visual Studio deploy, will the mini boot loader be overwritten so it no longer responds to ESC to set comm port? I can not get MFDeploy or a terminal to talk to the mini in ping or ESC. I can deploy with COM1 as I had changed to that port originally. I wanted to flash over com1 but can not get ping to respond on any com port so I can erase or do anything.

I have looked at:

http://forums.netdui...-netduino-mini/

http://forums.netdui...hing-42-failed/

and other articles but have not had the nerve to erase yet with the LGP (little gold pad).

#8 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:10 AM

Hi RAG, If you use Visual Studio to deploy code to your Mini, that will write over the "switch port" app. You can erase and reflash your board via RS232 if you have the appropriate cable; the TTL firmware will make your TTL port (pins 11/12) the debug port and the RS232 firmware will make your RS232 port (pins 1/2) the debug port. Chris

#9 Frode

Frode

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:21 PM

Hi guys, I'm designing a circuit where I put a tactile pushbutton between RST and GND. Have you added an external pull-up resistor to the RST pin? Does the mini have an internal pull-up resistor like I'm used to on the N2+?

#10 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:23 AM

Hi Frode,

Yes, Netduino Mini has an internal pull-up on /RESET. So wire up your external button to drive /RESET to GND.

Chris

#11 Frode

Frode

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:58 PM

I'll put the switch between the /RESET and GND, and use the internal pull-up resistor then. Thanks!

#12 Dan Kowalczyk

Dan Kowalczyk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 10 May 2015 - 08:41 PM

Is there any progress on fixing this firmware bug for 4.2.0.1? Will it be more likely to expect 4.3?

If you want a treat and don't mind the treatment...

#13 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 11 May 2015 - 03:23 AM

Hi Dan,

If we can get NETMF 4.3 onto Netduino Plus 1 (with community support of a managed link layer driver), we can go back and upgrade Netduino Mini to NETMF 4.3 as well. Right now an upgrade for Netduino Mini is not scheduled.

Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.