Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Mcp 23017 i/o latches and registers

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 philvr

philvr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationMelksham, UK

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:47 PM

Been playing with this chip but it is not behaving quite as I expect. The data sheet states: "Writing to the GPIOn register actually causes a write to the latches (OLATn). Writing to the OLATn register forces the associated output drivers to drive to the level in OLATn" How does this work in practise? Does it matter which port I write to? Is it rude to answer ones own question? I find that if I write zeros to either register I can write the desired output value to the other obtain an output! I haven't discovered what the difference is between the two registers. Perhaps someone can advice?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.