Project quadcopter with Netduino Plus 2 - Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1) - Netduino Forums

Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Project quadcopter with Netduino Plus 2

Netduino Plus 2 Quadcopter

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Vadorequest

Vadorequest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:21 PM

Hi.

I'm a student in development, I'm currently exchange student in Denmark where I have another courses, electronic especially.

I'm using Netduino Plus 2 in this course, now I have to to a project which merge several courses, the first one is development (C#) with Micro Framework and Netduino, the second is Windows phone development (7.8).

The project is in group of 5 students and we have some ideas but no experience in this domain.

One of our idea is to make a robot, like a car. One other (more fun) is to make a quadcopter. In both case we can have some money from the university (200€ max). We have to make it from scratch.

So, I'm asking you if you know some tutorials or experience about this kind of thing, we have to buy the components, build it, develop the software and make it works. We are also worried about control the robot/quadcopter via the phone because we have to use both (like we want) so we thought about control the device with the phone but we don't know really how.

I would be grateful if you can help me with some advices, tutorials about it. We don't know if it's possible with netduino, we can change if necessary.

Obviously, I'm a new user of Netduino, I just done the getting started, no really more. But I can learn, it's not the problem.

Thank you for your help.

#2 Nevyn

Nevyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1072 posts
  • LocationNorth Yorkshire, UK

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:11 AM

There are some tutorials over in the Wiki.  Have a look at the Sparkfun kit tutorials which have been rewritten with the Netduino in mind.

I'd probably look at the remote control car rather than the quadcopter project.  The quadcopter is going to need a fair amount of real time calculations in order to keep it stable.  I'm not sure this can be done with NETMF.  I know someone has had a go with the Netduino GO! but they had a fair amount of support from code on an STM32.  You can find more here.

Personally, I'd be thinking, remote car with bluetooth for communication with a phone.  You could use the accelerometers in the phone to allow you to steer the car.

Welcome to the Netduino community, hope you have fun.

Regards,

Mark

To be or not to be = 0xFF

Blogging about Netduino, .NET, STM8S and STM32 and generally waffling on about life

Follow @nevynuk on Twitter

#3 Vadorequest

Vadorequest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:41 AM

Thank you, really interesting!

I will read more about the Wiki, but I had a look on quadcopter link and it's great, but seems difficult, you're right.

I will learn more about how make a car (little ^^) from scratch, components, prices, because I'm not a electronic programmer usually, I'm better for make websites :P

#4 Juzzer

Juzzer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationHertfordshire, UK

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:36 AM

While it's not easy to create a quad using NETMF it can and has been done  :)

Beat Heeb from Oberon has built and flown a small quad running NETMF

Here is a link to a show and tell which even has the full source code for the Quad

https://www.ghielect.../topic?id=12602

Cheers

Justin

Attached Files

#5 Vadorequest

Vadorequest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:54 AM

Thank you, it's a very nice example of what I want do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.