Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Possible to update application by SD-Card

update

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 liuxuanl

liuxuanl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 02:49 PM

Hello, everyone.

I want to know whether I can update my .net MF programe without the VS, For example  use a USB flash or SD-card . Because if there is a lot of products, I don't think I can bring the computer to update the application everywhere.

#2 SteveAndrews

SteveAndrews

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationOrange County, CA

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:25 AM

First, as far as I know, no - you cannot update it from an SD card. I think I see what you're getting at though, and it would depend on what your use case(s) are. In theory, and this is completely hypothetical, one could write a program that read logic files from an SD card, couple that with pre-built libraries in the code, and be able to adjust the behavior of the device with a simple update to the SD card, but that's me thinking out loud and it would not be a simple undertaking to be sure. And that still leaves the issue of having to update the SD card, unless you carried multiple.

Can you share more about what you're trying to do?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.