Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Learning Resources

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SteveAndrews

SteveAndrews

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationOrange County, CA

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:59 PM

I'm a 15 year software guy who's started playing with a Netduino Plus 2 this weekend... buttons, LEDs, 12V relay board, Ethernet... but I'm running into lots of things I don't know. What are some good resources for learning about...

• Resistors, capacitors, diodes, etc. and what they do and when they're needed?
  • How a digital meter can help diagnose things like what pins do what on components like a potentiometer or servo?
  • How do I handle a reverse-polarity RGB LED?
  • Why many code sampes use PWM(pin), and my environment (VSE2010, 4.2 SDK) requires four parameters for PWM?
  • What components are compatible with Netduino and how drivers play into this?

I have the two O'Reilly books from Chris Walker and Cuno Pfister, but even there the code sample aren't working (like PWM).

I'm super-excited about what seems like limitless possibilities, just looking for self-learning resources to jumpstart this journey.

(P.S. What would it take to get a smartphone-like board? Touchscreen, microphone, speakers, camera(s), buttons, accelerometers, digital compass, GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth, significant storage, memory, processing power... in the same form factor? Or perhaps I could flash my Windows Phone with NETMF and the Netduino stuff? ;-))

#2 Nevyn

Nevyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1072 posts
  • LocationNorth Yorkshire, UK

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:25 AM

Have you had a look at the Tutorials section of the Wiki?

Regards,

Mark

To be or not to be = 0xFF

Blogging about Netduino, .NET, STM8S and STM32 and generally waffling on about life

Follow @nevynuk on Twitter

#3 SteveAndrews

SteveAndrews

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationOrange County, CA

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:59 AM

I hadn't, but I have now. Thanks.

#4 khmesmer

khmesmer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:05 PM

Just found a book Called "Netduino Home Automation Projects [for Lazy Boys]"  By Matt Cavanagh from Packt publishing

ISBN 978-1-84969-782-8

Cavanagh, Matt (2013-08-23). Netduino Home Automation Projects (Kindle Location 93). PACKT PUBLISHING. Kindle Edition.

It is also available in print for $27. Kindle was around $11. I just got it and upon initial review it seems to cover the subject fairly well. It is a book of projects and "how to" with diagrams and code listings along with explanations of the code. The author provides bread board circuit diagrams as well. For someone just getting into Netduino this book looks very good.   

I am a beginner who plans to do automation projects so this was a no brainer for me. I hope for the rest of you this helps as well.

khmesmer

#5 Jason.Net

Jason.Net

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:45 PM

If you are curious and an experimenter then you might want to try a circuit simulator. You can play around with the basic set of components and some building blocks attaching signal generators and scopes, measure almost anything at any point in the simulation. All without leaving your computer. It is a good way to understand the detail of what is going on.

I don't have any experience with free ones but there is a free online one you might want to look at

https://www.circuitlab.com/

The bible in my day was a book made from paper but that was before the internet......

http://www.amazon.co...z/dp/0521370957

Cheers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.