New book: Netduino Home Automation Projects - General Discussion - Netduino Forums

Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

New book: Netduino Home Automation Projects

book automation

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 roguemat

roguemat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:51 AM

Hi guys.

After many long months my book on Netduino is finally published and available! :-)

It's available in print and digital.

Posted Image

Amazon US: http://www.amazon.co...g=packtpubli-20

Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co...g=packtpubli-21

BnN: http://www.barnesand...n=9781849697828

Packt: http://www.packtpub....-lazy-boys/book (note that the info here is not up to date)

The target audience is people that know the basics of the platform but don't know where to go from there. That being said, the first chapter does go over how to get VS setup, and how to blink an LED.

I make Windows Phone stuff for beer money and rent (in order of priority). I've got a blog and am on the Twitter machine.

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 24 August 2013 - 03:18 PM

That's AWESOME! I just ordered my copy. I love home automation, so I can't wait to dive into this. Chris

#3 mcinnes01

mcinnes01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • LocationManchester UK

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:21 PM

Ordered! Can't wait I am just starting a major home automation project so this could be useful, although my spark is quoting £11K for the infrastructure I want putting in place :o

#4 Juzzer

Juzzer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationHertfordshire, UK

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:20 PM

Excellent work Matt.

#5 roguemat

roguemat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:20 PM

Thanks a lot guys!

Would be cool if you could post a picture of the physical copy if any of you got that version - because I've never seen a print version. Mine only come in a few weeks :(

I make Windows Phone stuff for beer money and rent (in order of priority). I've got a blog and am on the Twitter machine.

#6 TinkeringTurtle

TinkeringTurtle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:34 PM

I bought your book, given the table of contents, but I'm a bit disappointed with the sparse quantity of content given the price tag that Packt Publishing put on the book. I'll try to do my part and submit my list of errata back to the publisher page for you though. Here's your picture requested for now:

Attached File  book.jpg   95.23KB   3 downloads

#7 roguemat

roguemat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:54 PM

I bought your book, given the table of contents, but I'm a bit disappointed with the sparse quantity of content given the price tag that Packt Publishing put on the book. I'll try to do my part and submit my list of errata back to the publisher page for you though. Here's your picture requested for now:

Posted Imagebook.jpg

Thanks for the purchase and pic!
Since initial discussions with the publisher this book was made to be a "cookbook". Basically, it will give you a list of things you need, then tell you what to do to get the result. Just like a food recipe it won't go into detail about the theories behind electronics etc. This was also reaffirmed by the strict page number restrictions I had to fit in with.
I have no clue why the book is the price it is - I feel that they should have maybe been 2/3 or half the price. But I also do not have a clue about how much this stuff costs them :P

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: book, automation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.