Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Wifi coffee maker for beginner.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ShortOnIntentions

ShortOnIntentions

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 05 August 2013 - 03:06 PM

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]Hey guys,[/font]

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"][color=rgb(102,102,102);]Here I am, creating a new blog on a premise to show how simple it was to build a wifi coffee machine. I had no intentions to post a "How-to" on that, but some dudes suggest me to share it and I found this was not a bad idea.[/color]

[color=rgb(102,102,102);]I want to clarify that practically anyone can do it easily in one weekend, even if you have little or no experience in coding or soldering. For my experience, before I started that "Weekend" I had no experience in soldering and 2 weeks of experimentations with the netduino. For the programming part, its my job so I have tons of it! But don't panic if you don't, I'll post my programming code.[/color][/font]

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]Here my blog :[/font]

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]http://shortonintent...r-in-cloud.html[/font]

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]If you have some commentaries, it'll help me doing a better post, I'll love to hear from you![/font]

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]Thanks[/font]

#2 Paul Newton

Paul Newton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • LocationBerkshire, UK

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:39 PM

Hi there,

Welcome to the forums!

Nice project.

A bit on the dangerous side though - please make sure you add a box to the relay to make it safe!

Have Fun - Paul

#3 ShVerni

ShVerni

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationNew York, New York

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:07 PM

That's pretty awesome! As an extension, it would be amazing to see a Netduino implimentation of the Hyper Text Coffee Pot Control Protocol sometime in the future.

#4 nakchak

nakchak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • LocationBristol, UK

Posted 06 August 2013 - 11:57 AM

Nice project, but as Paul said get that relay (and mains voltage wiring!!) safely stowed away in a box, preferably a waterproof one, can never be too careful.

Nak.

#5 ShortOnIntentions

ShortOnIntentions

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:21 PM

Nice Idea Shverni, in the next steps I'll plan to add an Android app with a RestFul api webservices to interface my home automation appliances. I'll implement HTCPCP in it. 

Thank you guys for your inputs, I'll add a box for the relay and surely be more careful with current.

#6 MrBluesummers

MrBluesummers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:23 AM

Great post; this was nice to see.  I'm ever curious how to get my Netduino online (currently have a Go).

#7 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:12 AM

Hi MrBluesummers, Are you looking to go online with Ethernet, WiFi or XBee? We have some options, with more and better connectivity options coming soon for Netduino Go. Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.