Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

The right Netduino board and my application

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Emilio x64

Emilio x64

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:09 AM

I am new to NetDuino... Since it is obvious the RAM and ROM on an embedded system such as the netduino is limited, I believe some 384KB maximum on the Plus 2, I would like to know how can I determine what are the actual memory requirements of my application.

I have not bought the netduino board yet because I don't want to buy one and then find out it doesn't have enough  memory to run my application. I don't know how effective the .Net MF is at squeezing stuff up. Back in my embedded days I developed (with my team) a multihandset cordless phone with only 512 bytes of RAM using C but for that I had to really know my compiler's output very well to adjust the coding accordingly.

Currently I have my eyes set on the Netduino Plus 2 but I will first have to see how big my application is.

#2 Emilio x64

Emilio x64

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:10 PM

How do I know if my application is within the RAM/Code limits of Netduino Plus 2?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.