Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Schematic files

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Kenny Kerr

Kenny Kerr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 01:48 AM

Hi Chris, I’ve ordered a few netduino boards. It’s working great as a development board for a project we’re working on. I heard in an interview that netduino is an “open source” project. I was hoping to get the schematic files so that we can use them as a starting point for our project hardware. We need to add a bunch of comm ports, RAM, etc. and it would save us a lot of time. I see the .brd files are available online but it would be great if we could get the .sch file for the netduino plus for use in CadSoft Eagle. Cheers, Kenny

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 29 December 2010 - 02:39 AM

Hi Chris,

I’ve ordered a few netduino boards. It’s working great as a development board for a project we’re working on. I heard in an interview that netduino is an “open source” project. I was hoping to get the schematic files so that we can use them as a starting point for our project hardware. We need to add a bunch of comm ports, RAM, etc. and it would save us a lot of time. I see the .brd files are available online but it would be great if we could get the .sch file for the netduino plus for use in CadSoft Eagle.

Cheers,
Kenny

Hi Kenny,

Welcome to the Netduino community!

We use Candence Allegro for board layout on sophisticated boards like the Netduino. We do print the schematics out as PDFs, which are available on the Downloads page.

Does that give you a good start?

Chris

#3 cakalapati

cakalapati

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 06:22 AM

Any chance in providing PDF format files for the board layout of all three Netduino boards?

#4 VincentA

VincentA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 29 December 2010 - 06:44 AM

Hey Kenny,

FYI :

Chris said in this post the schematic is 4 layered so it isnt possible with free eagle version to handle 4 layers.

Vincent

#5 Kenny Kerr

Kenny Kerr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 12:52 PM

Hi Kenny,

Welcome to the Netduino community!

We use Candence Allegro for board layout on sophisticated boards like the Netduino. We do print the schematics out as PDFs, which are available on the Downloads page.

Does that give you a good start?

Chris

Thanks Chris!

#6 light

light

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:31 PM

I see that Allegro supports exporting ODB++. Any chance you can post the boards in ODB++? Thanks

#7 Illishar

Illishar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:17 AM

Slightly offtopic, would it be difficult to replace the ARM7 with say an ARM Cortex M3, with 1024 kb flash? I'm not a hw person (and my hw colleague is on vacation), but it seems to me that the M3 is rather similar to the ARM7.

#8 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:24 AM

Slightly offtopic, would it be difficult to replace the ARM7 with say an ARM Cortex M3, with 1024 kb flash?

Yes :) We're actually looking at creating a port for a Cortex M3 chip for another project here at Secret Labs.

I'm not a hw person (and my hw colleague is on vacation), but it seems to me that the M3 is rather similar to the ARM7.

The Cortex M3 is in many ways the "next generation" of the ARM7. Unfortunately, M3 chips are generally not 5V tolerant and most have less RAM than the SAM7X512 chip.

Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.