Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Public key encryption with Microsoft.SPOT.Cryptography.PKCS11

crypto encryption pcks11

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dcypher

dcypher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:30 AM

I cannot find any examples of implementations of PCKS11/cryptoki in a netduino applicaiton. Has anyone tried it. Please post the source here, I cant really get started with this. 

-Thanks

#2 ziggurat29

ziggurat29

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:10 PM

crypto is a stub in the netduino firmware; you'll need to do it managed (or make your own firmware).

I have had mostly success using the BouncyCastle implementation.  But you cant just build bouncy castle and use, you'll need to find and pull out the particular modules you need.  It can be tedious, but when you're done you're done.

You'll sometimes need to be judicious in what alternative implementation you use, or the build tools will croak (e.g., I had to use AES 'light', because the 'fast' will not compile).  In particular, the 'metadata processor' will croak if you have large constant data.  For example, for me the sboxes of the fast implementations pushed it over the edge.

I should also mention that, in my case, I did not use asymmetric crypto; I used aes, sha, hmac, and dealt with key management the old fashioned way.  So structly I cannot attest that you can successfully integrate the asymmetric stuff from personal experience, but it is worth a try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.