Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

IR remote and Motor connection

IR

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mon_galvez

mon_galvez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:26 AM

I have used the IR remote controller (NEC kit)  to my Netduino2 and everything works perfectly I can push the remote key pad and check the output voltages of the Netduino pins that i assigned and it responds accordingly..  but when i connect my motor shield and send my output signals to run the motors, my IR sensor seems to hang and can not pick up the IR remote signal anymore... unless i turn off the motor... and press again the remote.

it seems while the motor is running the IR input( is blocked) can not function ... can anyone point out what could be the cause of this?

Please help.

#2 TinkeringTurtle

TinkeringTurtle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:54 PM

Do you have a capacitor across the motor leads to reduce the interference? While normally a bigger problem for RF, it wouldn't surprise me if you're seeing some bounce.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: IR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.