Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Returning to the Netduino -- the Mini phase

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dr Who

Dr Who

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:26 AM

Hello!

After an interesting reversal on the Netduino I also own, (being looked into on a different thread), I decided to set things up with the Mini that I bought first. It seems my penchant for keeping excellent notes didn't work this time and I found myself walking along a precipice here.

First I went ahead and connected everything as loosely described in this thread:

http://forums.netdui...ring#entry18550 it turns out that everything discussed there, and even in this one:

http://forums.netdui...y-instructions/

Now I freely admit I've already set the transport functions first for it, when it was first bought. And then when the (then) new firmware came out I did flash the TTL transport to it. 

But that's also besides the point. My problem was indeed that of getting the whole dingus to recognize me. Now problem seems to have been solved, and one of my favorites, a blink expansion seems to be working properly.

Chris what are the procedures for drafting a FAQ for connecting a Mini to the real world?

Doctor Who
"This signature does not exist!"

#2 Dr Who

Dr Who

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:34 AM

Now after bringing the VB sample for the classic Blink function over to the Mini, I've gotten it to work. I've also expanded it to allow for all four connected LEDs using the SN74ABT2244 device as shown in a previous thread.

I've found that writing it in VB is easier then in C#. there must be a reasonable explanation for that.

Edited by Dr Who, 22 April 2014 - 06:49 AM.

Doctor Who

#3 Dr Who

Dr Who

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:58 AM

Returning to the Mini, I've gotten my original program which it seems was written for either of the two here, to work on the Mini doing much the same as the regular guy does things.

The only problems were with connecting it. I needed to make sure that the connections to the FTDI device were properly attached.

I'm beginning to think that the ideas behind how flash storage holds onto the last known running program can be a trifle annoying. The moment power was applied, and I wasn't sure about the serial connections I started seeing a different bit pattern in the running. That changed after the serial connections were properly installed. It's off and running now.

Doctor Who

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.