Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

I2C with V4.3 Beta

I2C

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dave2548

Dave2548

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:56 PM

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]I was wondering if anybody has had success using V4.3 beta on the Netduino Plus 2 with I2C. I struggled today and could not get it working. I ended up using the software approach ([/font]I2C Software Workaround for Plus 2) which seems to be working for me at the moment.

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]Regards,[/font]

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]Dave[/font]

#2 jiwonoh

jiwonoh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:34 AM

Dear Dave

Sometimes sensor company use "I2C-like interface" such as SHT1X from sensirion. I heard that the cause is cost for using standard protocol, I2C philips made. I recommned you first you search it is "I2C-like interface" or not.

P.S. Surely I comfirmed I2C bus is working in V4.3 beta. I used DS1307 - (RTC chip).

Regards,

Jiwon.

#3 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:05 AM

Hi Dave2548, Were you using multiple start bits (as is common when reading registers)? We use I2C frequently with 4.3. If there's a bug there somewhere and you can repro it (logic analyzer capture of some sort, code, etc.) we'd be happy to dig in. Thank you, Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.