Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Minecraft Timer project

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jake

Jake

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationAalborg, Denmark

Posted 27 December 2010 - 11:14 PM

Hi there :) I just got started with netduino development a week ago - what fun! :D I've been playing MineCraft (www.minecraft.net) for a couple of months and thought I'd make a little timer to show what time of day it is above ground. For those of you who don't play minecraft: you spend a LOT of time below ground, and you don't want to come up tired and low on health, only to find out it is night, and the monsters are abound. In the simple version, the onboard LED indicates the phase of day above ground, and you can reset the timer to align with the in-game time using the netduino's button. I've also made a version which uses the LED, BigButton and LCD from the Seeed Studio Electronic Brick Starter Kit with the μLiquidCrystal library. Full source code and blog post with videopresentation at http://xnafan.net/?p=219. Kind regards - Jakob ----------------- Life is a game - have fun :) http://www.xnafan.net

Attached Files

Life is a game - have fun! :)

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 28 December 2010 - 12:42 AM

That's cool, Jakob. I'm going to have to check out the game too! Chris

#3 Omar (OZ)

Omar (OZ)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 12:54 AM

I liked that video. Very nice how you went from simple LED blink to more complex LCD display and countdown! Nice project :)

#4 Charles

Charles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 02:05 AM

I liked that video. Very nice how you went from simple LED blink to more complex LCD display and countdown! Nice project :)

I'm with Oz on this one... That's got to be the coolest blink adaptation I have ever seen!

#5 Jake

Jake

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationAalborg, Denmark

Posted 29 December 2010 - 07:58 AM

Thank you guys for a very warm welcome to the forums :) @Chris - watch out, MineCraft can be fairly addictive ;-) @OZ & Charles - thank you, I tried to pass my learning experience on to everybody else :)
Life is a game - have fun! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.