Hello World Webservice where to start Visual Studio 2012 - Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1) - Netduino Forums

Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Hello World Webservice where to start Visual Studio 2012

Hello World Webservice where

Best Answer martin2250, 03 July 2013 - 04:03 PM

Hi Graham,

first of all, you don't need the pro version. You should still have acess to all relevant features.

If you can't find the Project type 'Netduino Application' then you're probably missing the SDK: http://netduino.com/downloads/ since the trial of my copy of 2012 is over I can't tell you where to find the option if you already have it installed.

Anyways, you should check out video tutorials, since you can see every step. Otherwise I'd recommend using VS2010 or even 2008, at least on 7 / Vista / XP, in my opinion they're more clear.

Greetings,

Martin

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Graham.fry

Graham.fry

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:24 AM

[font="arial, sans-serif;"][color=rgb(34,34,34);]Hi[/color][/font]

[font="arial, sans-serif;"][color=rgb(34,34,34);]I am trying to write a web service for my Netduino plus 2 and I can’t find where to start.[/color][/font]

[font="arial, sans-serif;"][color=rgb(34,34,34);]I can write basic applications and have set up the I.P. and mac address for the Netduino.[/color][/font]

[font="arial, sans-serif;"][color=rgb(34,34,34);]I am using Visual studio 2012 express, do I need the pro version.[/color][/font]

[font="arial, sans-serif;"][color=rgb(34,34,34);]All the examples I can find seem to use 2010 and suggest I start in Netduino Plus Application. I can’t seem to find the equivalent in Visual studio 2012 express. [/color][/font]

[font="arial, sans-serif;"][color=rgb(34,34,34);]I would appreciate any help or sample code, just a simple HELLO World and how to run it in 2012 express is fine. [/color][/font]

[font="arial, sans-serif;"][color=rgb(34,34,34);]Thank you[/color][/font]

#2 martin2250

martin2250

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:03 PM   Best Answer

Hi Graham,

first of all, you don't need the pro version. You should still have acess to all relevant features.

If you can't find the Project type 'Netduino Application' then you're probably missing the SDK: http://netduino.com/downloads/ since the trial of my copy of 2012 is over I can't tell you where to find the option if you already have it installed.

Anyways, you should check out video tutorials, since you can see every step. Otherwise I'd recommend using VS2010 or even 2008, at least on 7 / Vista / XP, in my opinion they're more clear.

Greetings,

Martin

#3 Nevyn

Nevyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1072 posts
  • LocationNorth Yorkshire, UK

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:30 PM

Graham,

For VS2012 I've installed the NETMF 4.3 SDK and that works fine for me.  You will also need the Netduino SDK to be installed as well.

If you are looking for a web server then I'd head over to the Project Showcase and search for the Neon Mika web server.  It has a lot of stuff already pre-built, it's public domain and it works.

Hope this helps,

Mark

To be or not to be = 0xFF

Blogging about Netduino, .NET, STM8S and STM32 and generally waffling on about life

Follow @nevynuk on Twitter

#4 Graham.fry

Graham.fry

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:44 AM

Thank you

I will look into these answers

#5 Graham.fry

Graham.fry

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:09 AM

Hi all

I have installed the SDK and upgraded the board to 4.2.2.2

Under microframwork I get

Class

Device Emulator

Windows Application

I can build a blinky application and control RGB's etc. that is using the console application should I just us the console application to build the webservice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.