Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

USB device not recognized after deploy

USB Windows8

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BobL

BobL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:29 AM

Just to share some problem and solution. I made a small program just to scan the ports to see if some inputs are changing. I made this project for the Netduino Plus. Then I just plugged in the Netduino Plus 2 and hit the F5 in VS2010. The software deployed and the debugger started. Then suddenly the USB connection droppped and the Netduino Plus 2 was not recognized anymore by Windows 8. Plugging out an in didn't help. I closed VS2010 and started MFDeploy and played around by plugging out and in the Neduino Plus 2. For some small period (3 seconds) the Netduino Plus 2 is seen by MFDeploy and then the connection is dropped and windows is shouting that the device is not recognized. Then I decided to complete wipe the Plus 2 by connection the 3.3V to the small square, like I did several times. To my suprise also this did not  work. I could not remove the bootloader anymore. This got me into real trouble. Then I started MFDeploy again and started hitting the erase button while connecting the Plus 2 several times. After some attempts the erase competed and everything was fine again. Hopefully this info may be of help.

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:57 PM

Hi BobL, On Netduino Plus 1 there was an erase pad but on Netduino Plus 2 there is not. There is a round alignment dot there (for the pick and place machine) however. To reflash a gen2 board, you can press and hold the pushbutton while powering it up via USB. Then run the STDFU tools to erase and/or reflash the board. Regarding what you were seeing...it sounds like an app on your board locked the debugger out of the Netduino every time it started--and pressing the erase button during one of those reboots started the erase process before lockout could occur. If you ever get into trouble, you can erase completely. The reflash instructions for each board are included with the latest firmware (posted at the top of the board's forum). Sorry for the troubles, Chris

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: USB, Windows8

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.