Low Power Bleutooth Go Module - Netduino Go - Netduino Forums

Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Low Power Bleutooth Go Module

Bleutooth Low Power

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 beastyboy

beastyboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:04 AM

Hi everyone,

Now that the we have a family extension with the AGENT watch would it not be a good idea to make a Low Power Bluetooth module for the GO, to make it talk directly to our GO boards.

Spread you ideas!

Van SchOten Ict Diensten en Services
http://www.voids.nl

#2 Cuno

Cuno

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationZürich / Switzerland

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:00 PM

Do you have specific uses in mind?

Internally, we have built a number of BLE boards. One of them is a Gadgeteer-compatible module, shown above our electronic BLE advent wreath in the attached picture. We currently have no plans for producing larger lots, but might consider it if there is enough interest and if we better understand the community's requirements for the firmware.

We have done several iterations of the hardware, it works well. However, firmware development is rather time-consuming (and requires expensive tools), so we focused on our immediate needs. Basically, a more general NETMF driver would issue remote procedure calls over the UART to the BLE microcontroller. But if all BLE features were supported, this could become a rather large API and driver.

Maybe Chris can say more how the AGENT BLE API looks like?

Best regards

Cuno

Attached Files

#3 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:30 PM

You could do lots of cool things with Bluetooth (or Bluetooth LE), indeed! Cuno -- right now, we're just using System.IO.SerialPort to shuttle data back and forth. Our prototypes used a single-mode radio while the AVR/SAM4S-powered devboards and production watches have the new dual-mode radio. Bluetooth LE will popularly be used with specific device types--but devs will want to shuttle around small chunks of data. We're still sorting out exactly what we want that to look like; right now all of our Bluetooth LE prototyping is based around a virtual UART. Cool stuff there in that photo, Cuno! Chris

#4 beastyboy

beastyboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:51 PM

My first idea, secure wireless connection from netduino Go to my AGENT watch.

I want my Netduino Go to talk to my watch to secure access to certain vehicles.

Every vehicle will have his own netduino hardware setup and watches that allow access.

Cool stuff Cuno! 

Van SchOten Ict Diensten en Services
http://www.voids.nl

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.