Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

A few messages to the community as the year comes to an end.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Omar (OZ)

Omar (OZ)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 02:23 AM

Hello all, I'd like to post some end of the year stuff here, so here we go.. First of all I'd like to thank all of you who helped me get started with the Netduino and all of you who are still answering my many questions. It was back in August when I was completely new to this stuff and now I feel way more comfortable with hardware! I won't mention names because if I did I would miss someone and that wouldn't be nice, many of you helped and I thank you very much! Secondly I think Chris Walker and everyone 'behind the scenes' at Secret Labs deserve a huge Thanks (at least from me :) ), Chris has helped quite a lot, not newcomers like me, but other people that needed a little bit of that in depth stuff. Finally to continue my efforts to help others I will post at least two videos during the Winter break. Hopefully I can get as many tutorials in as I can during this time-off. I am certainly glad to be part of this community and I hope you guys are too :). Have a wonderful winter break, Christmas, Festivus, New years.... so happy <insert your celebration here> to you!

#2 WannaFly

WannaFly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 03:23 AM

I'm a _VERY_ new member of this community but I agree with you about everything you said in your post. Everyone here is very helpful and friendly. I'm such a beginner at this it's sad, but there is a TON on information to be found and shared here and I'm very thankful for it. You might not know it, but many MANY of your threads, projects and videos have helped me gain the little bit I know so far. Thank you for that. Same with many others. I was just thinking it might be nice if we had more of an "informal" messageboard (IRC?) to post really quick questions or to help each other with things that might not be neccesary to keep in the forum settings. I hope everyone has a great holiday season and a wonderful new year next year. I look forward to discussing many things on this forum with everyone here.

#3 netasso

netasso

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 02:51 PM

I just joined up too, after receiving (and finally getting some time) to play with my new Netduino.

Thanks so much to the Secret Labs guys...you're onto a winner here with Netduino. I think the ability to step through the code, and in addition do some nice things with C# will make this platform a huge success.
Your helpful and patient attitude in this forum is awesome too - keep up the good work!
Pete
Australia

#4 Nathan Baker

Nathan Baker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 07 January 2012 - 06:20 AM

If irc is something that you really want to use, I have been idling in the #netduino channel on freenode. Usually nobody is there, but a few people do stop by every now and then. Hopefully there will be an official irc channel someday. Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.