Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Beam me up: Directional laser with Windows Phone and Netduino

wp8 bluetooth laser

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 roguemat

roguemat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:04 AM

Wow, it's been a while :(

Anyway, checkout my latest tutorial: http://blog.roguecod...hone-8-Netduino

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7yIXlZE8jP4

I make Windows Phone stuff for beer money and rent (in order of priority). I've got a blog and am on the Twitter machine.

#2 hanzibal

hanzibal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1287 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:54 PM

That's funny, I did recently did a very similar thing but I was using a XBox gamepad to move the servos. Also, I used sticky putty instead of rubber bands to tie the x and y servos together:

After while your video gets garbles up here so I can only see the beginning but that's probably something local.

How did you get the "sticky" effect showing in the first part of the video - long shutter time or florescent background?

#3 roguemat

roguemat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:07 PM

That's funny, I did recently did the exact same thing but I was using a XBox gamepad to move the servos. Also, I used sticky putty instead of rubber bands to tie the x and y servos together.

After while the video gets garbles up here so I can only see the beginning but that's probably something local.

How did you get the "sticky" effect showing in the first part of the video - long shutter time or florescent background? 

When did you do this? I made this around the 25th Feb. Reason I ask is because this would confirm that theory (grrr, cant remember the name - think its about monkeys) where people get ideas at the same time across the globe  :P

Thats pretty cool. I do pretty much everything with my Windows Phone though :D Have you documented how you read the XBOX controller anywhere? Would be really interested in reading that.

That's just After Effects to simulate a long exposure video so you can see that it does actually draw stuff out.

I make Windows Phone stuff for beer money and rent (in order of priority). I've got a blog and am on the Twitter machine.

#4 hanzibal

hanzibal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1287 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:39 PM

I don't remember exactly when I did it but I uploaded the video on march 22nd  :D My theory is this: People are very alike when it comes to our paths of thinking and since we live in the same world, we perceive pretty much the same stuff on a daily basis (especially now since internet has become such a big thing). From what we perceive we make our associations and therefore we tend to think the same thoughts at about the same time based on some common event that recently took place about that time. Perhaps it was that comet hitting earth a while ago  ^_^

Anyways, I was actually not using Netduino but my PC and a USB I/O board that I made. An XBox gamepad is actually a 3 port USB hub that has 1 x HID device and 2 x mass storage devices already built-in and connected to it - one is the controller itself (joysticks and buttons) and the other two are the memory expansion slots. I simply cut the wires and soldered on a regular USB plug that I connected to my PC. I then wrote a driver for it in C# and voila. I'm thinking to write an article and publish the code on The Code Project but I haven't had the time yet.

Android integration with Bluetooth is just so cool and I've been looking to do something with that. I've also been looking at IOIO for some time and thinking of using it with my MK808 Android stick - but again, not enough time.

Btw, have you seen the RFDuino?

http://www.semicondu...ink-_-rfdigital

Be sure to watch the video, it's really cool.

About the "long exposure" effect - is that a feature available in the Youtube video editor?

Here's my version again in broad daylight and with the XBox gamepad:

Now, that is one messy desktop  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.