Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

New to this, I want to make sure I use the right tools

netduino

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dave1374

Dave1374

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:15 PM

So I've been doing software developpement for over a decade now, and I'm looking for something new.

I figured it would be cool to actually make something that interacts with 'real life'.

I started reading on netduino ( I'm mostly a .net developper ). I wouldn't be so thrilled about just making a led flash...but yeah I guess i'll probably do it anyway.

So here is my idea for my project, I want to play a sound and send me an email when someone open my house door. What do I need to read and what do I need to buy to achieve my goal ?

Now my problem is, I'm not sure netduino is the right tool to use? Someone told me to look into raspberry pi because my project need an internet connection ?

Thanks, 

#2 Dave1374

Dave1374

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:23 PM

Hey Dave. First let me introduce you to this Netduino community with a warm welcome.

Well you seem very enthusiast thats very good !

But let's get back to the basics. Do you have any electronic knowledge ?

Have you ever worked with a breadboard ?

#3 Dave1374

Dave1374

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:26 PM

Hey Dave. First let me introduce you to this Netduino community with a warm welcome.

Well you seem very enthusiast thats very good !

But let's get back to the basics. Do you have any electronic knowledge ?

Have you ever worked with a breadboard ?

You're right bro. I realised I should start with a smaller project.

I've orderded the kit on cool component. Can't wait to start !

Thanks all for the info !

#4 hanzibal

hanzibal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1287 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:12 AM

Hi Dave and welcome to the forum,

I totally agree with Dave  :P

Seems like a good kit to start with. As you know the Netduino Plus 2 has networking capabilities and can send emails and such. As for sound, you can use PWM to play a chime on that piezo buzzer.

Since you're an experienced developer, I'm sure you'll manage to put the door bell/mailer together.

Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.