Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Deploy/Debug fails with error

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mHammer

mHammer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:48 AM

Does anyone know about this error?

----- Deploy started: Project: NetduinoRTC, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------------ Deploy started: Project: NetduinoRTC, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------An error has occurred: please check your hardware.Object reference not set to an instance of an object.Source: Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.CorDebugStack :    at Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.VsProjectFlavorCfg.Deploy() in c:depotcurrentCLIENT_V4_2FrameworkCorDebugVsProjectFlavorCfg.cs:line 893   at Microsoft.SPOT.Debugger.VsProjectFlavorCfg.<Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Interop.IVsDeployableProjectCfg.StartDeploy>b__0() in c:depotcurrentCLIENT_V4_2FrameworkCorDebugVsProjectFlavorCfg.cs:line 634========== Deploy: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

I was working on testing a RTC library.  Everything was working fine, then it stopped deploying/debuging.  Other project files compile and deploy.  This RTC library I'm working on doesn't.

I am running VS 2010 with .NET 4.2 on ND2+ with latest stable 4.2.2.2

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:28 PM

Hi mHammer, How big is your app? Are there any other details available on one of the other build/debug/output tabs in Visual Studio? If you erase your current app first, does deploy work? There may be a reference or version mismatch, or some sort of corruption in the project files. You may want to create a new project, add in your references, and try to deploy. Then add in your code. Does that help resolve the error for you? Chris

#3 mHammer

mHammer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:37 AM

My app wasn't very big.  Just a testing app for the RTC.  You were right about the reference thing.  I've been floating between computers and I didn't realize that I hadn't installed the toolbox references on this computer.

I installed toolbox and it worked fine.

What was strange was that it worked for a while and I'm not sure what I changed to require the toolbox references.

Oh well, thanks for the quick help.  Onward and upward.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.