Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Netduino Plus 2 Deploy with Debugger

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dave2548

Dave2548

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:39 PM

I have the following setup:

Windows 7 64 bit OS.

Visual Studio 2012

STDFU Tester Installed

Mf framework is at 4.3

Netduino SDK is at 4.3

Netduino Plus 2 firmware is at 4.3 Beta.

I am unable to run Visual Studio 2012 with the debugger. I tend to get the message that the debbugger is not initialized and rebooting. The message ready eventually comes back but my code does not stop on the breakpoints. I have read posts about tight loops so I put a sleep of 2 seconds in my code but that does not seem to help. I have tried VS2010 with 4.2 but I was having the same problems. Any thoughts?

Dave

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:25 PM

Hi Dave, Can you switch back to 4.2 (non-beta) and then we can diagnose from there? Chris

#3 Dave2548

Dave2548

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:02 AM

Thanks for responding to my post. Some good things happened today. I have been having trouble with the USB deployement and also running the debugger. I have been seeing posts about using the serial port for deployment so I thought I would spend an hour getting the serial method set up using information from various posts on this forum.

I ran the deployement and oh my gosh it worked like a dream. I used COM1 for deployment and moved my debug COM statements to COM2. No more USB pluging and unpluging and trying 2 or 3 times for the deployment to succeed. I was having problems using 4.2 also. It may have been a wrong driver but I don't know at this time. I had to search the forum for the steps to configure the serial port. I ended up downloading another MFdeploy that Chris had mentioned. I did not see the Serial configuration screen in the latest MFDeploy 4.3.

The deployment was working great so I thought I would try the debugger and WOW, It worked great. I get the deployment succeeds message and new messages that the symbols are loading.

One other thing I need to put out there in case people have problems with the emulator. There is a setting in the propertes where we select the CPU that we are running on. I had a choice to select to run on Any CPU or x86. I switched to x86 and the emulator started working great.

I am going to use this setup for my current project but if anyone wants me to try a test, I will use one of my other Netduino Plus 2 boards to set up the test.

To recap my setup:

Windows 7 64 bit

Micro Framework 4.3

SDK 4.3

Firmware 4.3 Beta

Thanks,

Dave

#4 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:07 PM

Thanks for the update, Dave. Glad that it's working well for you now. Serial deployment is slower than USB...but it's also a much simpler setup so it's even more resilient. Chris

#5 philvr

philvr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationMelksham, UK

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:07 PM

Dave? I've been trying to get deploy though COM1 but I'm not certain I've got the connections right. Please can you confirm which pins you connected to on the NP2 and whether you tied any others high or low? (I assume you used DIO0, DIO1 and ground). Sure I must be doing something silly...(I've downloaded the MFDeploy for serial connections) regards Philvr

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.