Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

OMG Why?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Omar (OZ)

Omar (OZ)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 02:10 AM

FIXED :D

Visual Studio said unable to communicate with device... really? I am about to kill my computer, some save its life amd tell me its fixable.

EDIT:
Power light is on.

The application it has on right now runs fine, and the device smells fine i.e., it doesn't smell like burn circuits.

I didn't change anything physically, I was just uploading some edits to my application that I showed in the Video a couple posts ago.

#2 Thomas Mason

Thomas Mason

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 02:35 AM

Visual Studio said unable to communicate with device... really? I am about to kill my computer, some save its life amd tell me its fixable.

EDIT:
Power light is on.

The application it has on right now runs fine, and the device smells fine i.e., it doesn't smell like burn circuits.

I didn't change anything physically, I was just uploading some edits to my application that I showed in the Video a couple posts ago.

Mine does that sometimes i just unplug the USB and then plug in agian and all is well.

#3 Omar (OZ)

Omar (OZ)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 02:47 AM

Mine does that sometimes i just unplug the USB and then plug in agian and all is well.

Didn't work for me... I restarted my pc, it gave me a lovely blue screen [real nice shade of blue be the way :P ] on shutdown. I turn it on again, all is well... Netduino works fine now... soooo its ok? I hope.

#4 RedHermit

RedHermit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 15 August 2010 - 03:02 AM

I've had the same problem. Unplug and reinserting the USB usually works, if not, a full reboot works. Applying the firmware patch to the netduino has made it occur less often as well;

http://forums.netduino.com/index.php?/topic/39-netduino-firmware-v410-patch-1/

#5 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 15 August 2010 - 03:09 AM

If you can reproduce when/why Visual Studio doesn't want to deploy (until you hit the reset button or unplug/replug your Netduino), we'd love to know. We've made it easy to fix things when they go awry...and we'd also like to make it so you never need to do so.

#6 Omar (OZ)

Omar (OZ)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 03:38 AM

If you can reproduce when/why Visual Studio doesn't want to deploy (until you hit the reset button or unplug/replug your Netduino), we'd love to know. We've made it easy to fix things when they go awry...and we'd also like to make it so you never need to do so.

It was something that happed out of the blue, maybe my code froze the netduino. If it happens again I'll let you know

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.