Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Comparing SPI or I2C Devices

spi 12c

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mrxer

mrxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:30 PM

Anyone suggest preference to using i2c instead of spi for communication to chips from netduino.  I know the pros/cons of each but are there any pros/cons specific to netduino?

tony

#2 hanzibal

hanzibal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1287 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:10 PM

I think they are equally easy to use on the Netduino (which can only act as master in both cases btw). I2C might be better if you have multiple slaves since it is (or used to be anyway) a little tricky to switch between different slaves with SPI. You don't really have to choose one or the other since both can be used at the same time according to whichever is best for each purpose respectively.

#3 mrxer

mrxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:08 AM

thank you Hanzibal

tony

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: spi, 12c

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.