Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

System.OutOfMemoryException

exception

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Turkem

Turkem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:57 PM

Hi 

I am writing a program for a line follower robot. But I have a little problem which I cannot figure out.Each time when I run a program it shows this message --> An unhandled exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' occurred in mscorlib.dll ... Do you know what does this error means? What is wrong? The thing is that program is quite big (about 20 classes) So cannot put all the codes to here. Any help highly appreciated!

Thanks

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:16 AM

Hi Turkem, Do you have a gen1 Netduino (Atmel microcontroller) or a gen2 Netduino (ST microcontroller)? It sounds like you are...out of memory (RAM). This is likely not due to the size of your application...but rather to the amount of memory that your application is trying to allocate. If you start your Netduino app by pressing F8, you should be able to walk through your code and see where it is using all that RAM. BTW, the new gen2 Netduino Plus boards have a ton more RAM than the gen1 boards. Chris

#3 Turkem

Turkem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:41 PM

I have put Debug.GC(true) where this exception happened it seems like it solved a problem. Thanks anyway though

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.