Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Can't ping(on a network) my netduino+

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ben Harel

Ben Harel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:51 PM

Hi.

I have a netduino+, and I configured it using MFDeploy using this settings:

(DHCP disabled)

Static IP address: 10.0.0.44

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway: 10.0.0.138(my router's IP address)

MAC Address: my n+ MAC address

DNS Primary Address: 8.8.8.8

DNS Secondary Address: 8.8.4.4

I used this wiki page http://wiki.netduino...duino-Plus.ashx

But when I ping through cmd: ping 10.0.0.44

I get Destination Host Unreachable error from my computer. What could be the problem? both of the DNS addresses I used, are from the settings in the wiki page, and I have no idea if i need to change them according to my network/service provider. Thank you!

***EDIT***

Now that I'm checking, if I ping the netduino+ on MFDeploy, it is always says TinyBooter, instead of TinyClr.Is that a problem?

#2 Stanislav Husár

Stanislav Husár

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:39 PM

Hi,

As far as I know, It should not say TinyBooter. My Netduino says TinyCLR. Maybe you forgot flashing .NET MF to your Netduino?

#3 Verdris

Verdris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:33 AM

Enable DCHP, both in MFDeploy and through software. Then, open MFDeploy and see what IP it reports. Then, ping said IP.

#4 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:06 PM

Hi Ben, Ethernet is not activated in TinyBooter mode, so that probably behaving as designed. When you changed your network settings, did you put your Netduino into TinyBooter mode before configuring them? If not, NETMF can get unhappy and may not proceed past the bootloader. If this happened, please erase and reflash your board, re-configure your network settings (in TinyBooter mode and not in TinyCLR mode), and then power-cycle the board. Then please let us know if that gets you up and running. Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.