Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Radio Shack VC0706 TTL camera

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tjfdownsouth

tjfdownsouth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:41 PM

Has anyone had any experience with this camera and the Netduino 2?  I assumed it worked similar to the adafruit camera here https://fabienroyer....ith-a-netduino/ but it doesn't seem to give any decent output.  Using the VC0706 code I can get it to drop file on my sd card but on my computer the file doesn't show as a jpeg.  The size is comparable to other jpeg's in the same range as 640x480 and 320X240.

Im kind of stuck since is acts like it operating as it should but the file output is not an image so any help or insite is appreciated.

Tim

#2 tjfdownsouth

tjfdownsouth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:45 AM

I think I figured it out I added some thread.sleep statements in the read functions and it started outputting a picture. I guess the little camera is not nearly as fast as the netduino.

#3 tank

tank

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:20 PM

Howdy,

Is there any chance of getting some code samples, the netmf version you got this camera working with or some details?

I'm a VB.net, I bought this cam and I am struggling with getting the Netduino helpers class mentioned without reference errors. (mainly system.io related errors)

VB.net support and code samples are still a bit light or rough online. The C# samples or are usually followed by "compile it to a dll"  which is great but the code samples often don't match current netmf revisions or have details. I plan on posting some samples once I have a better grip on what I can get working.

Maybe I'm overcomplicating my work, but I'm only a month deep in Netduino. When I actually can get sensors working (very simple polling) it seems much easier than most of the code samples and classes I'm finding. (or I'm doing it wrong)

Even the netduinohelpers docs have a quote under dependencies.

"All applications have been tested under firmware 4.1.1 Beta 1 only. .Net MF v4.2 is not yet supported as some features were taken out since 4.1.1 unfortunately." 

Any updates or details, references would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Environment.

N+2,  netmf 4.2, studio 2010

#4 lancewmccarthy

lancewmccarthy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA USA

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:12 AM

[UPDATE] Found it!!!

Check out this tutorial, it points to the fact that the Radio Shack camera board is really an Adafruit V60706. The DLL is part of the Netduino Helper kit.

I just bought the Radio Shack V60706 Camera Board today in hopes that someone has used it for Netduino, but I can't find a single search result.

Thanks!

Lance McCarthy

Microsoft MVP (Windows Platform Development)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.