Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

What are the reference differences between NP1 and NP2?

netduino plus plus 2 netduino plus netduino plus 2 references difference differ

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 NeonMika / Markus VV.

NeonMika / Markus VV.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationUpper Austria

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:12 PM

Hello!

Currently I'm working again for the NeonMika.Webserver. Because it's a project for the community I want to make it as easy to use as possible.

But there is one problem: I'm a student... And that means I don't have money for a NP2 :P

All I can do is to write my code for the NP1. But I don't know how to convert it.

So I wanted to ask where all the differences are? I'm not that familar with all this firmware / framework version handling.

All I know is that i updated my NP1 to 4.2.0.1 last time :P

Does this have to do anything with the references that have to be set in the project?

I attached some files. They show the currently references .dll's and the using statements in my Server.cs and and my PinManagement.cs.

I would really appreciate if you could help me.

Greets Markus

Attached Files

NeonMika.Webserver
> Control your N+ and write webservice methods easyily
> Receive data from you N+ (in XML or JSON)
> Browse the SD on your N+ directly in the browser and d
own - and upload files

If you need help with NeonMika.Webserver, please just leave a note in the thread and/or contact me via Skype :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--- Mistakes teach you important lessons. Every time you make one, you are one step closer to your goal. ----
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#2 mHammer

mHammer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:05 PM

I'm not at my ND+2, but I might be able to give you the references that worked for me using your code. 

Is that what you're looking for?

#3 NeonMika / Markus VV.

NeonMika / Markus VV.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationUpper Austria

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:17 PM

Yeah, that would be great.

At least a screenshot of your changed references would be great.

Cool to find someone who ported my code over =)

So may I ask you: Was it hard for you to find out what you had to change?

Greets, Markus

NeonMika.Webserver
own - and upload files

If you need help with NeonMika.Webserver, please just leave a note in the thread and/or contact me via Skype :)

--- Mistakes teach you important lessons. Every time you make one, you are one step closer to your goal. ----

#4 JerseyTechGuy

JerseyTechGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:17 PM

Hi Markus,

I for one greatly appreciate all the work you put into the server and how it has helped with my project.  I can get you whatever code info you need as I have ported it to work on the ND+2.  Let me know what you need.

More importantly I know how important it is to work with an actual board and how expensive it is to be a student.  We need to work on getting you a ND+2 to work with especially if it helps with the code.

I'll contact you via PM to see what I can do and who your local reseller is and get you setup!

#5 NeonMika / Markus VV.

NeonMika / Markus VV.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationUpper Austria

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:30 PM

Hello Dave!

Thanks for your really nice reply.

Probably I didn't explain myself well enough:

I wanted to write a little tutorial on how to port NeonMika.Webserver from ND+1 to ND+2, because I don't know. I thought the biggest (probably the only) change would be the used dll references.

I have your ND+2 version of NeonMika.Webserver still in the repository, but it's from December and the last releases Version 1.2 was pretty big, with some new cool features and so I wanted to let others use the latest version on ND+2 too.

Greets, Markus

NeonMika.Webserver
own - and upload files

#6 JerseyTechGuy

JerseyTechGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:43 PM

I will send you some notes from my porting of the Server.  This will help.

PS:  I am looking forward to reading your new blog :D

#7 NeonMika / Markus VV.

NeonMika / Markus VV.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationUpper Austria

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:06 PM

That would be great!

Haha, cool! Just wrote my first "C# Tip" about how to upload files via POST.

Greets

NeonMika.Webserver
own - and upload files

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: netduino, plus, plus 2, netduino plus, netduino plus 2, references, difference, differ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.