Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Help with analog input fluctuating wildly.

analog input netduino plus hall effect sensor

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 eddyogi

eddyogi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:15 AM

Hello guys.

A little background on my project:

I made a voltage and current sensing project with netduino plus 2.  I used a simple voltage divider setup to for the voltage input which goes into A3.  I have 2 hall effect current sensors to that go into A4 and A5.  One measures current from the solar charge regulator to the battery bank (solar sensor), and the other measures current from the battery bank to the inverter (inverter sensor).  I am also using a  freetronics LCD shield and it uses A0.  I grounded A1 and A2 because I am not using them.

Now the problem.

When I try to measure the current from the solar sensor, I get good and stable measurements.  When I measure the current from the inverter sensor, I get wildly varying values!  I'm taking about input values from 1996 to 2436! Maybe even more.

Here's what I've done to trouble shoot.  I swapped the input ports for the current sensors, the measurements from the solar sensor was stable in both A4 and A5 input ports.  But when I connect the inverter sensor, I get the wildly varying values I was talking about, both in A4 and A5.  I have tried changing the inverter sensor just in case it was defective and used one that I've tested and verified as not having any shorts with the wiring and still I get the same wildly varying values.  The only thing I have not done yet was to actually swap the solar sensor and the inverter sensor. I will do that tomorrow (I've run out of time today).  I was just thinking that I maybe doing something else wrong.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: analog, input, netduino, plus, hall effect, sensor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.