Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Stuck with blue light on

Best Answer Stanislav Husár, 02 April 2013 - 02:35 PM

I dug up one of my Netduinos again after several months of absense (we've been moving, and therefore quite busy). I wanted to measure "weatness", so I started by writing a very simple app, just reading input 0, debug.print it, sleep(100) and repeat.

However, it didn't run. The last time I used Netduino I upgraded the firmware on the other one, so I figured I had forgotten to flash this one. A quick check using MFdeploy confirmed that (this one was using RC3).

So I followed the description, and touched the erase-plate and power cycled the netduino. But now the blue light stays on, and my computer does not recognize it anymore. I feel like I've tried everything, but it still won't happen.

What can I do?

After you erase Netduino with erase-plate, you have to flash TinyBooterDecompressor to it using SAM-BA( here is how to do that http://wiki.netduino...ep-by-step.ashx ), and power-cycle the Netduino. Only after that will MFDeploy tool be able to recognize Netduino. It will recognize it as "TinyBooter". Then you should deploy .NET MF to Netduino using MFDeploy, again power-cycle, and then you may be able to deploy program to Netduino.

Hope that helps:)

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Moskus

Moskus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:21 AM

I dug up one of my Netduinos again after several months of absense (we've been moving, and therefore quite busy). I wanted to measure "weatness", so I started by writing a very simple app, just reading input 0, debug.print it, sleep(100) and repeat.

However, it didn't run. The last time I used Netduino I upgraded the firmware on the other one, so I figured I had forgotten to flash this one. A quick check using MFdeploy confirmed that (this one was using RC3).

So I followed the description, and touched the erase-plate and power cycled the netduino. But now the blue light stays on, and my computer does not recognize it anymore. I feel like I've tried everything, but it still won't happen.

What can I do?

#2 Stanislav Husár

Stanislav Husár

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:35 PM   Best Answer

What can I do?

After you erase Netduino with erase-plate, you have to flash TinyBooterDecompressor to it using SAM-BA( here is how to do that http://wiki.netduino...ep-by-step.ashx ), and power-cycle the Netduino. Only after that will MFDeploy tool be able to recognize Netduino. It will recognize it as "TinyBooter". Then you should deploy .NET MF to Netduino using MFDeploy, again power-cycle, and then you may be able to deploy program to Netduino.

Hope that helps:)

#3 Moskus

Moskus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:48 PM

Do'h! I noticed the "GPS Camera Detect" entry and thought "that's weird". didn't think it was the Netduino! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.