Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Modem does not respond to AT command

AT COMMAND WAVECOM AT COMMAND MODEM HANGS MODEM DOES NOT RESPOND

Best Answer Paul Newton, 28 March 2013 - 06:21 PM

Hi, Welcome to the forums. Modems have a number of parameters that can be set by sending AT commands. On devices I have used in the past, this has included echo of commands that you type. So it is possible that you have turned off the echo. In the first instance, try checking the modem's manual for available commands. I used to know quite a few command off by heart, but have not had to use them for a few years now A complete guess try ATE=1 Hope this helps -Paul EDIT Did a quick google search: ATE1 for echo ON and ATE0 for OFF. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 leos2012

leos2012

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:39 AM

Hi guys

I was wondering if someone could give me a hand on this..

I am not able to see my modem's response to my AT commands. I am using Windows Hyperterminal and i have the following configuration to startup communication

-Bit per second : 9600

-Data bits : 8

-Parity : None

-Stop bits : 1

-Flow control : none

The crazy thing is that yesterday i could see my modem's response but not now...

I guess it hangs because of some bad at command i may had entered. 

I've tried powering of for a couple of minutes but not luck..

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance

(I have a mtsmc-g-f2 wavecom modem.)

#2 ziggurat29

ziggurat29

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:19 PM

guessing, but

*  power modem

*  connect port (I use putty but your hyperterminal should be fine so long as you're just opening the com port and not sending any config)

*  send AT

send it upper case, and press return after.  Most modems will autobaud, and lock onto the AT, but they are often case-sensitive and 'at' wont do.

*  send ATZ

to reset settings to the default.

beyond that check your connections of course and if possible monitor the lines with a scope

#3 leos2012

leos2012

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:59 PM

Thanks for the reply Ziggurat

I ve tried what you are suggesting, but no luck yet.

One thing i have just realized is that if i send AT+CFUN=1 my modem's light turns on for a couple of minutes... but i cant see the response on my Hyperterminal.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your time

#4 Paul Newton

Paul Newton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • LocationBerkshire, UK

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:21 PM   Best Answer

Hi, Welcome to the forums. Modems have a number of parameters that can be set by sending AT commands. On devices I have used in the past, this has included echo of commands that you type. So it is possible that you have turned off the echo. In the first instance, try checking the modem's manual for available commands. I used to know quite a few command off by heart, but have not had to use them for a few years now A complete guess try ATE=1 Hope this helps -Paul EDIT Did a quick google search: ATE1 for echo ON and ATE0 for OFF.

#5 leos2012

leos2012

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:24 PM

Thanks paul!  now is working!

Thanks for your help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.