Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Daq to touchscreen bitmap display

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bgillam

bgillam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:34 PM

Hello,

I've been able to implement all display and touch functions on the nwazet touchscreen display, including implementing event listeners to react to specific screen touch areas. I've successfully accessed the file system on the DAQ and read and written to files. What I can not seem to figure out is how to make the displayBitmapImage call recognize a filename from an SD card on the daq. The daq file access method uses an integer fileId when accessing files on the daq. The displayBitmapImage call for the touch display take a string filename. I can not determine any way to make the touchscreen procedures recognize the daq file system. I can write to the display from the daq using a buffer, and displayBitMapRaw, but do not want to have to access the headers, set my own offsets, and determine values for displaying from a loop of direct buffer transfers, if there is a way to have the simpler method access my daq file directly. 

Does any one know a way to send bitmap files from the daq to the displayBitmapImage routine for the touchscreen, or is the only way to display bitmaps from the daq to use the displayBitmapImageRaw routine? I would really love for someone to tell me I've made a newbie mistake, and have totally misunderstood this situation and there is a simple way to do what I want to do. 

Thanks,

#2 bgillam

bgillam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:27 PM

Fabian Royer explained what was going on in a reply to a message I left on the Nwazet site:

[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:13px;]"The DAQ implements its own file system that has nothing to do with the .Net MF file system. To display a .bmp image stored on the SD card, you will need to read it in 'chunks' and send it over to the display. You should take a look at the code that uses the .Net MF file system to display an image to see how to do it. It won't be difficult to make a new function to work with the DAQ based on that."[/color]

Thanks!

#3 Family

Family

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:55 AM

Do you have any sample code of this or any resource you can point me to?

Thanks for any assistance,

Julian

#4 bgillam

bgillam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:36 AM

Hello,

In June, I thought a SD card reader module that used the .NET file system would be out soon, and would offer a much more straight-forward solution than displaying images from the DAQ, so I put that project aside. 

Sorry I am not more help.

Bill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.