Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

4.3.0.0 turned my N+2 into a 'microsoft serial ball'

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jon Henry

Jon Henry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:15 AM

I moved to 4.3.0.0. Now, everytime I write  a program to the N+2 from VS2012, after rebooting the N+2, it reinstalls its driver as a 'Microsoft serial ballpoint'. And yes, the cursor then starts doing random things on my screen.

Anyone else experiece this?

UPDATE: And now Ive gone back to 4.2.2.2 and am unable to communicate with my device. It shows up i the build properties as it should. Disconnecting and reconnecting 10 times per programming attempt (as was normal with my previous boards) doesnt seem to do the job either. All my references are correctly back to 4.2.

LAST UPDATE: I successfully went back to 4.2.2.2 and still havent been able to connect. I run MFDeploy, select USB and the netduino shows up as it should. Go to Target>Device Capabilities and all I get is 'Not Supported' in the text window. Boxing up and shipping back tomorrow.

#2 ziggurat29

ziggurat29

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:14 PM

sorry for your troubles, nothing more frustrating than not being able to communicate with the device

apparently this serial ballpoint mouse mis-enumeration is a common thing irrespective of netduino, as there's a bunch of complaints found when I google on 'microsoft serial ballpoint'

In this page:

http://answers.micro...3c-5754f06ec3b5

about halfway down, a post from Rawleigh on Jan 29 2011 who claims he resolved with some registry tweak (which he got in turn from somewhere else, so you can probably do some google diligence and find even more info).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.