Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Serial Monitor on Netduino mini (with LCD+UI & using both ports)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 smokingfish

smokingfish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:54 PM

Hello there,   i just finished my first real netduino project. It's a simple serial port monitor using a 4DSystems LCD for the UI. It can use both the UART for the display and RS232 for data at the same time. I made a very small change in the firmware to allow for this (normally one is occupied for deploy/debug, you can send but not receive reliably).   If anyone needs them, i want to post the 4DSystems library (supporting PICASO & GOLDELOX SPE2 & VISI GENIE protocol) as well as the UI engine (it's not quite finished yet).  

#2 NooM

NooM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:23 PM

very good! and i like the display a lot :)

#3 smokingfish

smokingfish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:50 PM

I fixed some bugs, design and functions.

It now really behaves like a Terminal program on PC and you can enter all characters to send commands to devices.

I tested my new https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9555 (ODB2 Interface) with it and it works perfect.

I added a MAX323 breakout in between wich i want to integrate into the main monitor and make it toggable.

You can also get power (only 5V for now) from RTS and DTR to power small interfaces (in this case the MAX323 and the UDB2 Board (it will be powered by the car once its connected though)).

It is quiet handy, I added a 9V Battery source and now i can easily move the whole setup into my car tomorrow to test functions for my ODB2 tool :)

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.