Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Hoping for some guidance in my project

lighting ethernet network

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Goofmobber

Goofmobber

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:27 PM

Hello Netduino community,

I was wondering if someone could give me a general direction in which I should start working.

I have a netduino plus 2. I would like to be able to log on to it through the ip and activate different "presets" for lighting. For example, if I press "preset 1", it would automatically fade my pwm dimmers into said configuration.  I've been looking around a few different web server projects, (neon.mika for one). However, I'm not sure of the best way of getting that done. Should I have an HTML page with buttons? Would those buttons be able to control my pwm dimmers? And how would I categorize the different presets in my code?

I am a newbie when it comes to this, so any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks in advance,

Jonathan Borichef

#2 JerseyTechGuy

JerseyTechGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 03:18 PM

First... welcome to the forums.

NeonMika is definitely a good way to go.  It has lots of good example and there are a few on here if you use the search feature.

You can also look at the DIY Brewery Temperature Logger. It uses the NeonMika web server and does serve up web pages from the SD card that are used to changes settings and the like.

NeonMika can be used to control PWM right out of the box without a webpage by adding parameters to the URL. So this is a great place to start then decide how you want to build your interface from there.

#3 Goofmobber

Goofmobber

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:28 AM

First... welcome to the forums.

NeonMika is definitely a good way to go.  It has lots of good example and there are a few on here if you use the search feature.

You can also look at the DIY Brewery Temperature Logger. It uses the NeonMika web server and does serve up web pages from the SD card that are used to changes settings and the like.

NeonMika can be used to control PWM right out of the box without a webpage by adding parameters to the URL. So this is a great place to start then decide how you want to build your interface from there.

Thank you, however, I believe I ran into a bit of a problem with my board. I have nothing connected to the pins, and when I plug it in via USB, two led's turn on and the board makes a high pitched sound that goes down in pitch... Is it dead?

#4 JerseyTechGuy

JerseyTechGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:07 PM

Not sure about the sound part. Never heard of that. With the two lights on the board may need to be erased and reflashed. You should try that following the instructions in the version 4.2.2.2 firmware thread.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lighting, ethernet, network

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.