Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Netduino Plus 4.2.0.0 bricked?

Netduino Plus Firmware

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PhilG

PhilG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:05 PM

I have a Netduino Plus on which I have been developing on for a year.  My application was running on it just fine but I just got it back from the field to do a application update.  I could not get .NET 2010 dev system to connect to the board.  MFDeploy would only occasionally connect and it showed v4.2.0.0. I deleted .NET and Netduino SDK and updated to 4.2.0.1 and then erased the board.  When replugged into the PCs USB port, it installed a atmel6124.sys driver.  I ran SAM-BA and installed the TinyBootloaderDecompressor.bin from the 4.2.0.1 firmware release. Now  MFDeploy does not see the board at all.  I uninstalled the atmel driver and reconnected the Netduino and it reinstalled the atmel driver. 

I am using Win XP.  What am I doing wrong.  I really need to get this up and running quickly to get it back out for testing.

Update: I updated SAMBA from 2.1.0 to 2.1.2 with patch and reinstalled the driver.  Now SAMBA does not display anything after the connection page is clicked through.  It just keeps getting better.

Further update: Removed patch, rebooted PC, now SAMBA works.  Still doesn't change the device id to Netduino.

Following the step by step installation carefully turned the brick into a Netduino.  So far so good.

VS will still not deploy or debug the code.

MFDeploy 4.2.0.0 pings okay every time but Device/Capabilities says "Not Supported"

Redid the firmware update and now MFDeploy works okay.  Still can't deploy or debug from VS

If I unplug the USB cable after starting the Deploy it deploys.  Pretty ugly but if that's what has to happen then it will be done.

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:01 AM

Hi PhilG,

The newest firmware for Netduino Plus 1 uses the WinUSB drivers which can only be connected to from one program at a time (Visual Studio or MFDeploy). This applies to enumerating the device as well as connecting to it.

You may want to try manually switching to the legacy MFUSB drivers.
http://forums.netdui...-mfusb-drivers/

Does that help your deployment?

Chris

#3 PhilG

PhilG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:44 PM

Chris,

Today it seems to working without a problem. It was a long drudge to get to this place with a few cockpit errors thrown in because of the fiddly firmware update process.  So now with 4.2.0.1 things are working pretty well.  I did run into a problem where my app was debouncing IO pins with a case statement that had to change to else ifs because the pin definitions are no longer CONSTs but are STATICs.  It was a surprise but not a show stopper.  During the development last year I spent as much time babying the VS/Netduino connections than doing app development.  Hopefully that will no longer be the case. 

I think I will leave things as they are now and get back to development.

Thanks for the reply.

Phil

#4 PhilG

PhilG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:24 PM

Chris,

I was able without too much further difficulty get my system debugged and deployed.  So now I thought it's time to build a second prototype to replace the one shiping out for further testing.  The process of updating the board didn't go any better than the first one.  After erasing a reinstalling a couple of times it is now okay. 

On another topic, how can I have someone in the field who doesn't necessarily have VS2010 update the application code? 

Phil

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.