DS18B20 Wiring help - Netduino Go - Netduino Forums

Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

DS18B20 Wiring help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 zemuss

zemuss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:43 AM

I need a bit of help here. 

The DS18B20 that I bought came with a RED, White and Black wire. Can anyone confirm the connections please?

RED = 

White = 

Black = GND

#2 Lunddahl

Lunddahl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationEurope, Denmark

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:54 AM

I would assume that RED is power (Vdd) and WHITE is data (DQ), but if you can see where the wires is connected to the "chip", you can be sure by reading the datasheet.

http://datasheets.ma.../ds/DS18B20.pdf

This specific sensor can be parasite powered via the data pin, so if you manage to connect them the wrong way arround, no harm should be done, but it will probably not be working.

If you want to use Parasite Power, you should read the datasheet, and a good idea is to get the sensor working in the "normal" mode first, less problems at the same time is always better..:-)

How are you going to connect it to the Netduino Go ?

Those two things is not easy to get to work together, because the Go does not directly have any GPIO pins, and the Shield Base does not support OneWire.

- Ulrik Lunddahl

#3 mHammer

mHammer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:39 PM

I just got two DS18B20+ and two DS18B20+PAR.  Does anyone know the difference? 

I thought that all DS18B20 could be powered parasiticly.  I will be following this thread to see how you get them wired up.

#4 neslekkim

neslekkim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:46 AM

all ds16b20 can be used with parasitic power, but it seems like ds18b20-par is only for parasitic power?
http://datasheets.ma...DS18B20-PAR.pdf

--
Asbjørn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.